Highlighted
jmenck
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Soundsport wireless headphone will not answer phone calls

These headphones were purchased in December 2018 (last month).  They are paired with an iphone 6s.  I cannot answer phone calls.  I hear a click when I push the controller button, but the phone continues to ring.  I updated the firmware with the Connect app.  I tried un-pairing the headphones with the phone and then pairing again with no change.  I have seen other similar threads, but they seem to involve the combination of phone and Apple watch.  I do not use the watch, but I do have a Fitbit paired with the phone and a pair of Bose QC35 (which work perfectly).  Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

James

5 REPLIES 5
pcveiga615
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: Soundsport wireless headphone will not answer phone calls

I have the same issue with my headphone paired with an IPhone X.

Hey James,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. Can you please try a few additional troubleshooting steps for us? 

Again, just for troubleshooting purposes, please remove the Fitbit and your Q35 from your phone and just have your phone paired to the SoundSport Wireless. Try a phone call now. 

Second, please try the headphones with another mobile device. 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin - Community Support

@pcveiga615 Hey, sorry that you're running into this issue as well. Have you tried removing the headphones from the phone and clearing the paired device list on the headphones? Can you also try testing the headphones with another mobile device if possible? 

Thank you!

Mohsin

pcveiga615
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Yes I did. I get the procedure over the internet with someone else with the same problem. This head phones is up to date with the firmware.
jmenck
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Sorry, I responded to your message on troubleshooting, but I do not see my response posted in the tread.  Perhaps I did something wrong.  

I removed the Fit-bit and QC35 headphones and then tried answering a call.  It still did not work.  I then removed the Soundsport and paired them with my son's iPhone 5s and it answered calls appropriately.  So, the Soundsport headphones worked with my son's phone.  I then again paired the Soundsport with my iPhone 6s (after removing them from my son's phone), and they still will not answer calls.  I have to answer the call by swiping the phone and then switching the audio from the phone to the Soundsport (when answering by swiping the phone, the phone is automatically selected for audio).  The only difference is that I did not have Bose Connect loaded on my son's phone.  I am guessing this is not the problem or there would be many more people experiencing this issue.

So, the problem still persists.  Any other suggestions?  This is very frustrating.

Thank you,
James