My soundsport wireless not connected my Sony smart tv 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundsport wireless not pairing Sony smart TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arshad KSA

Hi Arshad,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Have you connected any Bluetooth headphones to your Sony smart TV before? You need to ensure that your TV supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile. 

Could you let me know the model of your TV and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arshad KSA

Hi Arshad,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Have you connected any Bluetooth headphones to your Sony smart TV before? You need to ensure that your TV supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile. 

Could you let me know the model of your TV and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Arshad KSA
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

My Sony model 75X8000G 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thank you for providing that Arshad!

I've had a look into your TV and have found that it supports these profiles: HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile).

The Sony website also says that "TVs that can connect to Bluetooth audio devices are limited to Android TV™ models that support the A2DP profile." It then provides THIS LIST of TV's that do support Bluetooth that does not seem to include your TV.

As such it sadly does not sound like your TV is able to support Bluetooth headphones at this time.

You may be able to use a 3rd party Bluetooth emitter connected to your TV to enable this and I would like to invite the community to recommend any that they have been using successfully!