Soundsport won't connect to Bluetooth

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Soundsport won't connect to Bluetooth

I purchsed my Soundsport Wireless Headphones in July (2017), and initially had no troube connecting them to my iPhone 5S.  However, last week when I tried to pair them with my iPad, it would not work.  I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions on your website (turning bluetooth off/on, clearing the bluetooth device list, etc).  Finally I turned my iPad off and back on, and was able to pair it. I then tried to pair them to my iPhone again (using all the same troubleshooting techiniques,) but had no luck. Today when I went to use it again, my iPad could not locate the headphones.  I deleted it from the device and tried to repair, but it cannot find the headphones.  Same with my iPhone.  I downloaded the Bose software update from your website, but it cannot connect to my headphones so I am unable to install that either.  This is frustrating because they are less than 2 months old, but I bought them at Best Buy and they have a 30 day return policy.  I hope you have some other suggestions for me to try!  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by Community ManagerST

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Soundsport won't connect to Bluetooth

Hi @PeggyK

Thank you for joining the Bose community. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Bluetooth connectivity with your SoundSport wireless headphones.

If you haven't already tried it - there's a reboot procedure that may help.

Headset Reboot

1. Turn the headset off and wait for at least 30 seconds.

2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait at least 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).

3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait at least 1 minute.

4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly

If that doesn't help, it's time to call Bose support.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area. Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Please come back and tell us how you make out either way.

Thanks,

ST

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PeggyK

Thank you for joining the Bose community. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Bluetooth connectivity with your SoundSport wireless headphones.

If you haven't already tried it - there's a reboot procedure that may help.

Headset Reboot

1. Turn the headset off and wait for at least 30 seconds.

2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait at least 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).

3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait at least 1 minute.

4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly

If that doesn't help, it's time to call Bose support.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area. Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Please come back and tell us how you make out either way.

Thanks,

ST

Silent Starter

Thank you for your reply.  I did as you suggested and was able to get them to connect to my iPad and iPhone.  Thank you so much for solving this problem! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PeggyK

That's great news. Thank you for coming back to tell us you're okay.

Enjoy your SoundSport Wireless headphones.

ST

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sound Sport wireless not connecting to any device

They've worked great for a couple years but now they won't connect to anything.

Typically I would use them on my phone but never had any issues connecting to my laptop or tablet either.

I tried the standard method of plugging in and blah blah blah  but that isn't working.  Maybe the Bluetooth part of it failed and if that's the case, oh well, they lasted for over 3 years.  BUT I'd rather fix them, any ideas.