Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Switching Between Devices with Voice Prompts Off

I recently read a thread on disabling voice prompts because a new caller would interrupt the current phone conversation by 5-10 seconds as the caller's phone number was read aloud. This was incredibly helpful. 

However with the voice prompts disabled my soundsport headphones will no longer switch between multiple phones (both Galaxy S7s - I know, I should upgrade). I use multiple phones for work and switch back and forth as needed.

It's not just the voice prompt not telling me of the switch. I have Bluetooth settings open on both phones. With voice prompts off they won't switch. when I allow voice prompts the switch is seamless. 

Is there a way to leave voice prompts off and still switch between devices?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Switching Between Devices with Voice Prompts Off

Hello Matt, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your SoundSport headphones. 

This is very unusual as voice prompts should not have an effect. Could you please confirm which SoundSport headphones you have so that I can provide you with the most accurate information?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free 

Serial numbers as follows:

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Firmware version- 2.6.0

Keeps happening. I've tested it many times since my original post. 

Thanks so much for your willingness to help! 

Highlighted

Hello mdNJ, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

It should be noted that while other Bose Bluetooth® products typically remember eight devices, this product remembers seven devices (its eighth remembered device is the left earbud). Only one of these devices can be connected at a time (Multi-point is not supported).

If you wish to switch between devices, having voice prompts makes it much more difficult to determine the switch, but you do have your Bluetooth LED icon on the headphones to differentiate. Moving forward, I would recommend going to the Bluetooth settings on your first device, disconnect (not unpair) the headphones, this will open the headphones up to discovery mode to look for the next available device. Alternatively, you can tap the Bluetooth settings on your second device, then connect to the headphones. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!