Thank you Bose for QC35 II 3.1.8 Firmware

Audible Advocate

Thank you Bose for QC35 II 3.1.8 Firmware

I would like to thank everyone at Bose for firmware 3.1.8 on my Quietcomfort 35 II. I was worried at first how it would affect my QC35 II but after the update it feels like the ANC has been restored to normal and I have fallen back in love with my headphones again with the addition of Alexa.

75 REPLIES 75
Audible Advocate

Re: Thank you Bose for QC35 II 3.1.8 Firmware

I just updated my firmware, but I think it is not changed much. Is that my misconception?

Animated Arbiter

I also noticed anc feels better & similar to when I first got my headphones without any updates.
The stability definitely improved with this update
Community Manager

Hello all

Thanks for posting in the community!  I'm glad everyone is having a positive experience with the newest update.  I have received confirmation that the active noise cancelling and digital signal processing has not been altered. 

With the addition of Alexa, this has opened the door to a lot of cool features!  Some users have been using them to control their lights, thermostats, and order products right from their headphones.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

I agree, I have noticed the ANC feels slightly better, despite Bose' official response. Hopefully Spotify on Alexa can be sorted asap and I'll be a very happy user Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I find this back and forth with Bose very frustrating saying that ANC hasn't been altered in each firmware release yet there are an aweful lot of actual users who have noticed and reported a very real difference, I am one of these people, I have been a Bose user for years, I have the QC3 then the 20i and now the QC 35 II, when I first got the QC 35 II they had an older firmware on, I cant remember which exact firmware but not the latest, I have had them for about 4 months. When wearing them they gave the usual funny pressure on the ears feeling that I get with my other Bose headphones and really good removal of background noise, I then updated to the then latest firmware (2.5.1 I think) and all of a sudden I didnt get that pressure sensation and I could also hear much more of what was going on arround me, regardless of ANC setting. I then downgraded to a firmware recommended in another forum and I think ANC got very slightly better, but it certainly isn't back to how it was and I can still hear a lot of what is going on around me. I shall try this firmware version 3.1.8, doing a quick check before and after to see if there is a difference, but like I say, I am very frustrated by what seems Bose's stock response of the firmware hasnt adjusted the ANC, sorry but enough people have complained of this and purchased the headphones based on the early reviews where ANC was much more effective for us all to just be hearing things, after all I only found this forum as I was searching for Bose QC 35 ii ANC issues only to find many people are having the same issue, please stop telling us nothing has changed, maybe an unrelated area of the firmware has had a knock on effect of changing the way ANC works?.

Hea
Quiet Contributor

@m1sterd

How did you downgrade it? I tried to do it via a guide but the old version wasn't available, only additional useless(for me) voice promt languages

thanks

Audible Advocate

I hear a hum in the background now. It's like white noise only it seems it's of different colour - pink noise maybe.

I can still hear me banging on keyboard while I'm typing this which I couldn't two firmwares back.

Disappointed.

Hi alesf,

Thanks for chiming in. We can confirm that no changes were made to ANC during the last update. We did want to remind everyone that if you feel like your headset is not operating correctly, for any reason, that we are here to help. 

Here is a link to your local Bose support for assistance. Just click on your region, scroll down to you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

I just don't get it, you are saying yet again that you have confirmed no ANC updates in this firmware, cant BOSE see that enough people are saying they have noticed a very, very noticeable reduction in the effectivness of the ANC since the last few firmware updates, yet all you say is you have confirmed no updates to ANC. Personally I can hear far more of whats going on arround me now, to the point where it really defeats the point of having ANC headphones, one of the biggest selling points of the BOSE QC 35 II was the effectiveness of the ANC, but at some point after launch a firmware update has reduced the effectiveness and many people are saying they have seen this.