RayWong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

Re: Thank you Bose for QC35 II 3.1.8 Firmware

I have exactly the same issue and feeling, The ANC definitely not working properly. I realise the change from last week. I use it at work everyday to block out background noise. But since last week after the update(I have never update before since I bought it last year). I can now clearly hear what people said in the backgroud, which is super frustrated. I wonder any one know a way to downgrade to the older version. As the bose updater allow me to change to 2.5.1 or 3.1.8

FullmetalJun
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

2.5.1 update was unstable for me.
This new update is stable & works perfectly imo. ANC works normally
Zolka
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 17, 2018

Hi,

I have updated my headphone QC35 with firmware 3.1.8 and I have the following problem:

I can connect simultaneously to two devices but one of them has no sound. I connected my headphone first to my computer, then everything is fine. I connect my iPhone to my headphone, it is still everything is ok. I can hear the music from my laptop. Then I stop playing the music on my laptop and I start playing music on my iPhone. After some seconds I can hear the music from my iPhone. Then I stop playing music on my iPhone and start playing music again on my computer, but I cannot hear anything anymore although my headphone is connected to both of devices. That's definitely a bug.

The question is when a bugfix is coming?

I don't believe that I should send back my headphone, that would be nonsense, but I am curious what else I can do?

UPDATE:

It works fine, I just figured out it is not enough just to pause the music on the phone but the application (e.g. youtube) must be minimalized or closed otherwise the mobilephone is blocking the headphone.

Community Manager

Hi RayWong

Thank you for joining the community!  I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the headset, but would be glad to help.

Have you been able to clear the pairing list of the headset by pushing the power button forward for about 10 seconds until the headset prompts the list is cleared?

Also, you would want to remove the headset from the mobile devices' memory as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
m1sterd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

So I have been listening to my headphones currently running 2.2.1 firmware/voice, these were originally on a lower firmware and the anc was awesome, I then updated them to 2.5.1 and the anc performance was dramatically effected, I then downgraded to 2.2.1 and the anc seemed better, but it certainly wasnt what it was, I was still able to hear a lot more of what was going on around me. I have now updated to 3.1.8 and after listening with only a few minutes break between them running 2.2.1 and this new version, to me the anc sounds does possibly sound improved but its very close to be able to tell, however I still dont think it is back to how it was when the headphones were first introduced and anc was one of their main selling points.

apinyaku
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Same for me. I am hearing hissing sound whenever I play something.

I have tested and I noticed that the microphone opens up whenever I play any sound or video.

Is this a default behaviour? I thought the microphone will open up only when in call?

Hi apinyaku,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Could I ask if the hissing noise you are getting happens when connected to multiple devices? The communication microphone is only active in phone calls or by initiating the virtual assistant. The only active microphones that are active are the ANC microphones.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

apinyaku
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tony,

Yes, it is connected to my phone and laptop.

The hissing sound starts when I play a music or video. When I stop the music or video, the hissing sound stops after 10 seconds.

I disconnected one device, reset (turned off and on) the headset, made sure only one device is connected. Still the same 😞

mhgghas@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

The only active microphones that are active are the ANC microphones.

how do i turn that off, its unbearable, i can hear workers 20 feet away talking , while im supposed to cancellng noise. Shouldnt they only come on for a phone call????????????

Fix it

alesf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

With the fact that I can hear most of the sounds from around me I now have a problem when audio occasionaly stops for half a second or so and it resumes. It's definitely the headphones and I guess the bluetooth connection (I haven't tried it with a cable though) because it happens if I play music from my lapotop or my phone regardles.

This product did not meet my expectations at all but most of all I don't think the technical support you offer is of much value as it's just repeating the same thing over and over again, but as has been heard we all have similar problems and we're not imagining things.

I had the headphones now for half a year or so and for this price I guess I should go with the competition.