Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

There is an issue with Windows 10

I've recently purchased your Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Headphones for $200

After connecting, there was an option to select regular "Hands-Free headset (only plays the right side, mono quality and no delay) or stereo that would be higher quality but with delays when playing videos via Chrome browser.

I download the latest firmware using USB connection that mentioned this fix, waited, now its playing right side (mono style) and no longer able to select stereo. Stereo selection disappears a few seconds after it connects.

So now I can't select the stereo just the right side playing same mono style quality.

I tried to reconnect, even removing and adding the device, same issue.

What is the fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: There is an issue with Windows 10

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Azlocal, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would also recommend clearing the Bluetooth list and reconnecting the product as this can bring back Stereo, this can be done via: 

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

I understand your frustrations and I can only apologize for this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hector_B

Hi Azlocal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Firstly I would recommend performing a product reset, this can be done via: 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

If the issue still persists after the reset I would recommend attempting to forget the device and reconnect again to see if this resolves your issue after the reset. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Hi there,

Hmm, but you guys did not include a charger that connects to a wall outlet with my purchase? Just USB charging wire inside the box.

Do I correct to my laptop for 5 seconds, I'm confused?

azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

I mean do I connect USB to my laptop since charger was not included with the purchase?

Thanks!

Hector_B

Hi Azlocal, 

This shouldn't really matter which you use. The USB will work for the reset if you have issues with this any kind of USB Charger Plug and this could help. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Hector,

I did all the steps you've suggested, it worked but still getting a huge delay when playing videos on my laptop and when trying reconnecting, again stereo is gone. Sounds like you have tons of people here complaining about the same issue and more.

I'm very dissatisfied with BOSE spending $200, you guys are high-class audio brand and this is a huge disappointment. 

At the beginning, I was debating to either get Apple airpods for $150 or your sound sport free for $200, and I gave you my trust.

This is how your brand loses trust, one client at a time, and personally would not buy any BOSE products again unless you guys send me a pair of wired headphones that I can use for my laptop for the inconvenience.  

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Azlocal, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would also recommend clearing the Bluetooth list and reconnecting the product as this can bring back Stereo, this can be done via: 

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

I understand your frustrations and I can only apologize for this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

grmedhat
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@azlocal 

It is unfortunate you purchased the wrong type of headphones for your needs but if you did your homework before purchasing those earphones Bose does indicate in the FAQ you may experience synchronization issues between audio and video so it should be no surprise to you that you could have those issues. On top of that all their marketing is directed to those who want to listen to music while doing sports and exercise hence their name SoundSport. 

azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Are you being sarcastic?

Did I just hear you saying just because it states "SoundSport" I need to assume it's for sports and exercising only so I can't connect properly to my laptop?

What marketing are you talking about,  I bought it because I knew the brand.  Do my homework? its freaking BOSE brand and it's $200, I assumed it would work flawlessly.

How much BOSE is paying you to troll other peoples post with issues? Because I did not ask for your support or opinion on how I should be buying products.