Highlighted
Senior77
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Trouble connecting to new phone

Hello

I had my Soundsport connected to my Galaxy S7 and had no problems at all.  I have just upgraded to a new Galaxy S10 and cannot get the phone and buds connected.  The app can find the buds but will not connect.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Trouble connecting to new phone

I don't have these (as I have the soundsport wired), but I vaguely recollect (and you can search for) a response by Bose that was talking about the fact that the S10 (as well as many of the newer phones) support the newer Bluetooth (BT) 5.x standard and all the Bose devices support the older 4.x.  There is supposed to be backwards compatibility but there appears to be some issues concerning the buds/soundsport free and smartphones that support BT 5.x.  That is all I can remember but the response is here somewhere.  I hope I got that right. 🙂

Highlighted

Hi Senior77! 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with you earphones, I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would first recommend clearing the bluetooth history on your earbuds. The instructions on how to do this can be found HERE

If your still experiencing issues, please get back in contact and we will see what else we can do for you! 

Have a great day! 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jessie_O  You didn't answer my question.  Is there any 'generic' issue we should be aware of with the S10 with regards to BT 5.x or is it merely a phone by phone issue.  I thought I had seen a comment on the S10's by a Bose moderator somewhere concerning BT 5.x.

Highlighted

Hi Joelirwin, 

I apologise for not answering your question. 

Currently, as we have tested the SoundSport free with other devices which run versions BT 5.x with no issue, I do not believe this to be a generic issue. However, If this was to change and more customers seem to have the same or similar issues, we will update the threads where possible. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day! 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jessie_O  But did you test specifically with the new S10 without issue?  I remember seeing other posts about issues with S10 and a Bose response regarding BT 5.x.  I just remember which post and which of the bose forums.

Highlighted

Hi Joelirwin, 

Thanks for posting!

The bluetooth issues for the S10 have been well documented through various forums online and seem to be unrelated to Bose products. However, we are looking into this to confirm there are no issues with our products and compatibility with the S10. At the moment we are taking each case as it comes as this does not seem to affecting our products. As far as we know, this is unrelated to Bluetooth 5.x. 

Have a great day! 

Jessie O