Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EWriter
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

True Bose Noise Cancelling Earbuds

Is Bose bringing out a true separated in ear earbuds with active noise cancelling in the near future?  I had the QuietControl 30 QC30 earbuds but it was flawed in two ways, a) you could not charge and listen at the same time (terrible when on long flights) and b) you could not add a cable to listen to aircraft plug in phono/aux jack when on a flight so you had to use a Bluetooth transmitter.  Both could be a good and useful idea for the future.

Now of course I would pay to have these items fixed and / or a fully separate in ear bud as long as it had noise cancelling.

Anyone know if this is going to happen?  I have seen the new noise cancelling airpods Pro and am considering it as an alternative though I still think Bose is the best?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: True Bose Noise Cancelling Earbuds

Author Accepted Answer selected by EWriter

As mentioned previously they have announced a pair, but have not released all information on it as it's not due for release until next year.

However you will find that no true in-ear wireless will solve the 2 problems you already have.  TIW earbuds always charge in the case, so you are still restricted to a small battery, and will likely have a drop in battery life over your QC30s (some advertise an all day battery, but that is with 2-3 recharges).  As well as that you will not be able to plug them into anything as they are BT only.

This won't be a factor for most people as the use of N/C headphones has changed over the last 5 years.  More people are using them for daily use such as commuting and officework, so true wireless in ears are ideal for that, where most people wanting longer travel distances are still better off with the around ear (for the reasons you stated).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Hello EWriter, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

You may be interested in our upcoming Noise Cancelling Earbuds 700 which are due for release in 2020. You can find more information regarding this product here. 

We do not have any further information about the Noise Cancelling Earbuds 700 at this time, however over the upcoming months prior to release more information will be revealed. Keep an eye on our website for more information. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by EWriter

As mentioned previously they have announced a pair, but have not released all information on it as it's not due for release until next year.

However you will find that no true in-ear wireless will solve the 2 problems you already have.  TIW earbuds always charge in the case, so you are still restricted to a small battery, and will likely have a drop in battery life over your QC30s (some advertise an all day battery, but that is with 2-3 recharges).  As well as that you will not be able to plug them into anything as they are BT only.

This won't be a factor for most people as the use of N/C headphones has changed over the last 5 years.  More people are using them for daily use such as commuting and officework, so true wireless in ears are ideal for that, where most people wanting longer travel distances are still better off with the around ear (for the reasons you stated).

View solution in original post

EWriter
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate all of the feedback and it was all very helpful.  I totally agree with the inear not being helpful in sorting out the two main issues, but I figured if someone read that they may be able to persuade Bose to fix the issues with the QC30 so that they were more useful and then I would have the best of both worlds.  Use the new 700's for work and the the others for travel

Thanks all