Highlighted
Ju
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Turning off QC35 bluetooth

Hi,

I want to use the ANC without any bluetooth emission.

When I plug the cable it seems like the Bluetooth is disconnected but I can still connect my phone to the headset 'for calls only' by selecting QC35 in the 'previously paired menu' !

Is there any way of disconnecting the bluetooth completely?

Regards,

Ju
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Turning off QC35 bluetooth

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ju

Hi Ju, 

Thank you for your quick response!

If you forget the device it should stop the headphones connecting for Audio. When you put the audio cable into the headphones it will also stop audio to the headphones via bluetooth. 

However, you can still connect for calls. As these are bluetooth headphones they are designed to be connected in this way. So yes you can turn Audio Bluetooth off but it doesn't disable bluetooth completely. 

I hope this helps, have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Ju, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I would recommend going to your Bluetooth menu on your source device and forgetting the headphones. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Ju
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for your quick feedback.

The fact that I can still connect to the headset means that the headset Bluetooth is still emitting, even when plugged.

I don't see how making the phone forget the headset would disable the bluetooth' headset.

It seems like the Bluetooth is never completely turned off. Is that right ?

Ju

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ju

Hi Ju, 

Thank you for your quick response!

If you forget the device it should stop the headphones connecting for Audio. When you put the audio cable into the headphones it will also stop audio to the headphones via bluetooth. 

However, you can still connect for calls. As these are bluetooth headphones they are designed to be connected in this way. So yes you can turn Audio Bluetooth off but it doesn't disable bluetooth completely. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Ju
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

A bit disappointed that Bluetooth cannot be turned off completely.

Anyway, thank's a lot for your quick support Jessie !
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jessie_O  So is this true for both the QC35i and the QC35ii?  I have a QC35ii.  It is currently OFF.  My BLE scanner app on my phone does not show any BLE signal whatsever coming out of the QC35i.  I have forgetten it from my iPhone 7+ bluetooth lists.  It is nowhere - not even in the discovery window.  So now I make a call with my iphone 7+ and there is no option to connect to the QC35 - just to use my internal and external speakers.  I next turned on my QC35ii which is NOT paired to my iphone and call again - same result.

So explain what you mean by "you can still connect for calls" - how do I do it?  It is not apparant to me for my QC35ii that this is the case.  What am I missing?

Hi Joelirwin,

Thank you for your post. 

I apologize if my previous post has been confusing, allow me to further explain. 

My post refers to taking calls using the Audio cable. You cannot turn Bluetooth off on these headphones you can just prevent it from connecting via Bluetooth or override it through use of the Audio cable.

I hope this makes sense. 

Have a great day!

Jessie O

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jessie_OSo just to be sure.  We agree that when the QC35ii is OFF it is OFF.  Nothing - NADA - no BLE or BT interaction.   However, when you turn it on, it will try to connect if paired unless it is connected via cable to a mini plug.  Is that what you were saying?

Hey Joelirwin, 

To clarify, when the headset is connected via the audio cable. It will stop the headset connecting via Bluetooth. 
You can test this by turning the headset on while unplugged, you will hear the battery amount and the "ready to pair" or "connecting to.." 

When you have the audio cable plugged in and turn on the headset, you won't hear the battery status or the ready to pair/connecting to, as the audio cable stops the Bluetooth function. 

I hope this clears up any confusion. 

All the best 

Liam G 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I know all that.  What was confusing is your saying "So yes you can turn Audio Bluetooth off but it doesn't disable bluetooth completely. "  That is not easy to understand.  Most people here use the QC35 with smart devices.  Now I can't speak for Androids but for Apple devices, you are either connected via Bluetooth or not.  I am not personally aware of an Apple device disconnecting from A2DS and leaving HFP connected.   The ability to disconnect from one service and leaving the other is to my understand more of a Windows/Mac thing.

So that is the confusing thing.... in fact most people here have never heard of Bluetooth profiles or even know there are two mutually exclusive parts.  It's all one big Bluetooth thing for them.