Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

PLUS ONE...

One of the main reasons I bought these is I often work really late and like to take a nap in the middle of the day. On top of being a really light sleeper, there is construction going on in the neighborhood and I also have a 2 year old daughter, not a recipe for a nap.

I am living in Indonesia and had to wait till a friend could bring them from the US, I was so excited to get them until the first time I went to take a nap in them.

I put on a track that helps you fall asleep quickly and was able for the first time in a long time to drift right off... Until 10 min in when loud and shocking chime jolted me back awake, and with a good shot of adrenaline in my system I was unable to fall back asleep and had to carry on through my day with a tired and wired feeling instead of rested.

Wasn't sure why this happened, but after it happened again the next few times I looked online and found all the forums complaining about this issue.

So I can't use these for one of the main reasons I bought them for, I also don't want to be awoken at the hour interval either, so a big:

• PLUS 1 on making this either adjustable or pushing it out to at least 3 hours. With a battery that last for 20 hours, even if they were left on for 3 hours, you're almost sure to have some battery left as I never let them run down that low anyways.
  • Have the chime happen when the power button is pushed but no chime if they are powering down from inactivity. The power down chime is crazy loud and startling compared to the track I'm listened to or the "peace n quite" of the NC, having an option to turn off the chime or having something less obnoxious would be great, if the headphones just powered off with no chime from inactivity , I'd probably keep sleeping at that point.
  • Something I've learned in e-commerce is that people aren't too bothered by long shipping periods if you keep them informed of any progress and that you haven't forgotten about them and the expected date of arrival. As you can see from reading the various threads, this problem has been going on for months and you are acknowledging the problem but aren't giving any type of timeline for a fix, just that you are on it. If people know its going to be a month, there is some comfort in that and they don't mind waiting, if its going to be 3 weeks but you won't tell people that, they get pissed. Please respect your customers, I'm sure all the brilliant engineers at Bose can come up with an approximate release date of the fix.

Thanks...

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

I was glad to find this post - I, too get aggravated by the auto shutoff mode. I often wear my headphones at night in noise-cancelling mode to keep extraneous noises from keeping me awake. The shutoff noise wakes me up and it's a pain to restart everything. I join the list of people who are not satisfied with your solution, although it is a step in the right direction.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

I also echo all the comments and I look forward to a resolution asap. My main issue is on the use on airplanes, with this feature preventing me to sleep with the headphones on, as others already pointed out.   

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

This is obviously not an issue with the old QC-35. Why Bose believes continuing this issue with a one hour delay versus 10 minutes with all these complaints, is a mystery. And why is it taking BOSE so long to release a firmware update fixing this? Just give us the same functionality that your old headset had with auto off where people didn’t use to complain. Pretty simple. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Thank you for this forum. After reading about this auto-off problem I have decided not to purchase the 700's. I have a playlist I use to sleep at night that begins with hypnotic recordings followed by sounds of nature recordings. I will continue to rely on my old QC15's. This is a disappointment because I was looking forward to using the 700's for long phone calls.

Bose, please contact me if the problem is resolved - I would otherwise love to get a pair of 700's!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I’m so glad this is an issue for everyone else too - hopefully Bose will listen to what their customers actually want.

I’m currently trialling the NC700s for the free 30 day period, and as I use them for sleeping/napping, the auto-off after 10 minutes is a very annoying feature, made 100 times worse by the *way too loud* power-off tone which jolts me awake every time.

This is a serious flaw in an otherwise great product!

I’m afraid I will have to return mine if we don’t get a firmware update which allows me to ideally switch off the auto-off feature entirely, or at the very least get rid of the power-down noise. They’re not fit for purpose otherwise 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Like many others here I stumbled across this thread because of this issue and wish I would of found it before making the purchase. I have been traveling the past month non-stop  hoping to sleep on airplanes and hotels, but not with these on. Now it is too late to return them.

There does not seem to be any resolution planned for this so why not just DISABLE the auto off completely until you can make a more elegant adjustable solution. That would make the most sense then we can use these. We  all understand if we leave them on for too long the battery will be dead, so it is our responsibility to shut them off WHEN WE WANT.

I can not use these for anything that involves sleeping which is why I purchased them in the first place.

Please at least give is a time line to a fix. Is there a date?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

So people have been complaining about this since the headphones were introduced.  Finally we get an update that it is going to be increased from 10 min to 1 hour (which is still unacceptable).  It has been over 3 weeks and not a peep on when the update is coming.  I am so disappointed in bose.  I have until 10/11 to return to best buy and I guess I will have too.  I work overnights and have kids who are up during the day.  I purchased these to be able to sleep without them waking me up.  The kids wake me up every 1 - 2 hours.  My headphones wake me up every 10 minutes. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Probably Bose executives only sleep 1 hr, or fly only for less time 🙂 

I am in the process of returning these headphones, and I have already ordered from SONY. 

Cheers to all! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

when will firmware be released can you send directly to my email

John