cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerickAguinaldo
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Unable to Pair QC35 to iPhone 7+ (Tried everything listed in previous threads)

Date: 5/30/2017

What I've tried:

- Went to BTU.Bose.com and downloaded / uploaded latest update for headphones.

- Attempted to hold the bluetooth switch to the right for 10 seconds to clear device list (no audible indication was heard to verify if action was successful)

- I've also updated my iPhone 7+ with latest software update as of 5/30/2017.

- I've tried Reseting Network Settings as well

- I've turned both devices off and on

What I've observed on my iPhone 7+:

- QC35 Bose device does not appear in "My Devices" list.

- Bose Connect App on iPhone 7+ is unsucessful with pairing attempt as well.

Anyone else experience these same symptoms and if so, anyone able to find a way to get these devices to pair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Unable to Pair QC35 to iPhone 7+ (Tried everything listed in previous threads)

Author Accepted Answer selected by DerickAguinaldo

DerickAguinaldo

Thanks for the update. It still sounds unusual that you're unable to clear the paired list in the headset. We recommend attempting that process once again.

With the headphones turned on, slide and hold the power switch toward the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." The headset should then revert to "discoverable mode" as indicated with a flashing blue LED and appear under "Other Devices" in the iPhone's Bluetooth settings.

If that doesn't help, please contact our technical support team who can help further with service. Here is a link. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Please give us an update

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Unable to Pair QC35 to iPhone 7+ (Tried everything listed in previous threads)

DerickAguinaldo

Thanks for the question. That is unfortunate. We see that you have tried some troubleshooting already. Could we ask have you tried the headset on another mobile device for troubleshooting?

We see that you have reset the settings, have you reset the headset?

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Try that and let us know

Tony

DerickAguinaldo
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2017

I understand the logic with isolating which device is possibly flawed; however, my observations still have me guessing.

Bose QC35 pairs with other devices (MacBook Pro and old iPhone 6+) just not with iPhone 7+. iPhone 7+ does pair with other devices (MacBook Pro via hot spot and car stereo via Bluetooth).

Both Bose QC35 and iPhone 7+ are updated with latest software / firmware (as of June 1, 2017.) Tried all troubleshooting methods for iPhone (forgetting device, pairing). Tried all troubleshooting on Bose website and hardware reset instructions from your recommendations in this thread.

Still no Bluetooth connection.

Not sure if I should go to an AT&T / Apple Store or a Bose store for assistance. Or perhaps there's more tests to help isolate which product (Bose or Apple) is having the issue.

Appreciate the support so far as these headphones are definitely not cheap.

I'm all ears.
DerickAguinaldo
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2017

Tony_G,

I went through Apple Customer support to test my Bluetooth connection with Apple 7+ and other devices. My Apple 7+ does pair with other devices.

The QC35 does pair with an older MacBook Pro.

In summary, both devices pair with other items...it's just the Apple iPhone 7+ and QC35 aren't pairing with each other. 

The only additional troubleshooting I can think of doing is:

- Go to a Bose store, and attempt to pair my iPhone 7+ with an identical QC35.

Is there anything else you can recommend trying? I believe the Bose software hasn't caught up with the latest Apple 7+ software. Any feedback on this situation?

Thanks,

Derick

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by DerickAguinaldo

DerickAguinaldo

Thanks for the update. It still sounds unusual that you're unable to clear the paired list in the headset. We recommend attempting that process once again.

With the headphones turned on, slide and hold the power switch toward the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." The headset should then revert to "discoverable mode" as indicated with a flashing blue LED and appear under "Other Devices" in the iPhone's Bluetooth settings.

If that doesn't help, please contact our technical support team who can help further with service. Here is a link. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Please give us an update

Tony