Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awais
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Unable to turn on SoundSport Wireless

I recently purchased SoundSport Wireless but from day one I am facing an issue while turning ON.IT happens randomly that when I try to turn ON, the headphone wont turn ON despite the fact that it is fully charged. In order to make it work, I connected it to charging cable for 1-2 seconds and it started to work normally again for atleast one day. Is there any permanenet fix to this issue, keeping in mind that firmware has been upgraded to the latest version ut issues still persists.

BR
Awais

5 REPLIES 5
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Unable to turn on SoundSport Wireless

Hi awais

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about that. We want to get you back to enjoying your music and would like to help. Have you tried rebooting the headset? 

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could give that a try and please let us know

Tony

awais
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

HI Tony,

Actually the problem is the the issue is intermittent. E.g. sometimes I can switch ON the device without any issue and sometime it fails to switch ON.  The solution that you proposed has already been tested but the issue appears again., i.e.Whenever it failed, I plugged it for 1-2 second and it comes back to life keeping in view and after that it start working normally for atleast a day before I start getting this issue again. I have just updated the Firmware. So what can be the posssible solution?

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi awais

Thanks for responding. Based on what you are describing, it looks like its time to contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us

Tony

awais
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

HI,

So as per your suggestion, I went to Bose |Support and handed over the earphones to them. They told me that it will need to be checked by Engineer. So after two days I got a call and they rtold me that Engineer is saying it is PERFECTLY fine. I re iterated my stance and the guy at store told me that I can collect it in the evening and if it persists, than he will test the device himself. So, I went at the store to collect the device and the guy handed over a NEW device to me. According to him, after telephonic discussion, out of curosity he checked the device and found the old earphone were dead. Thanks Support team and special thanks to the guy at the store for helping me out.

BR

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi awais,

That is great news, we are so glad to hear that your issue was resolved.  I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience, we stand by our users and products and strive to offer the most support we can. Please, come back anytime if you need anything else and thank you for updating us.

Enjoy your headphones and take care,

Shiloh_C