Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Update

I recently tried to update my QC 35II headphones. During the firmware process the headphones began to produce a loud tone that would not stop. I let it go on for about 30 minutes and it did not stop.  I tried to power off and the tone continued.  I could only get it to stop by plugging in the USB charger.  Every time I turn them back on the tone starts again. I have tried doing the reset, and still have the same issue. I even tried to clear the Blue tooth memory as described on the website. 

can I update the firmware via a pc using the usb cable? What options to I have to get them fixed? They are under warranty until 12/8.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Update

Hello Dfeinstone, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones. With regard to the headphones themselves, were the cushions detached when the sound began? 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

No I was pairing to my new IPhone. A update was required for the headphones from the Bose app. I began the process left the phone and the headphones sitting on a table to complete. About 5 minutes into it the headphones began to tone like holding down a button on the phone.

Highlighted

Hey Dfeinstone, 

Thanks for confirming that, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

So that did not fix it either. Where would I ship them for repair/replacement?

Hello Dfeinstone,

Sorry that the above steps did not resolve the issue. It certainly does seem as though the next step would be to explore your service options.

Please contact your local customer support team and they'll be able to provide you with this most accurate information and facilitate an exchange for you.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G