Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swadeepc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

So looks like there'll be no fix then? I wish they would just tell so I can decide whether I should cut loss and sell it. Had Bose quitecomfort 35 too and no problems there at all! Why would this have problem? Werid.

Please reply Bose!
belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

over 20 pages of replies since my last post...
issue still not fixed...
to the people who called me a pesimistic troll, nah b, it's called being smart. 
the purchase price for these buds is effectively a donation to Bose, which may or may not fund a product which works in the same way the product you were sold was intended to (and this will be the second time you've done that if you own QC30's too)

I returned mine within the first week, because this is a hardware issue.  

WAKE
UP

stop yelling at Bose.  They are WELL AWARE that they'll never fix this...that is why you're only able to communicate with people being paid less than minimum wage in the US about it.  Like seriously, how "glass half full" do you have to be to believe this horse pucky?

P.S. My Sony's (purchased due to B&O having major connection issues) are still working fantastic, and are now outside their return window.  Make a smart purchase.  This isn't a cheap product space.  

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

These hasn't been released yet where I live, but im not so positive to make any purchase when reading all reviews here and at e.g Amazon.

I do however like bose hearstay? Soundtips. Those - I like to call - semi closed eartips. They are superior to anything else I have tried with respect to running. No microphonic while hitting the ground and able to hear your surroundings.

How does the sony eartips compare to these bose? : I want ambient noise to be let in.
jsound
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Still experiencing the Audio/Video lag, and on a different but related note, am I seriously not supposed to be able to have a protective case on my iPhone and be able to go outside or move my arm near the pocket where I have the phone before connection drops?! This is really aggravating. The update solved nothing. Connectivity issues persist at the slightest provocation. If Bose doesn't issue a response within the next week I'm certainly heading back to the store for a refund before my 30 day window expires.

Costcocombo
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

This is my 2nd post since 12/8 and nothing has been solved. Bose has yet to acknowledge this issue. I'll give Bose to the end of this week to provide some sort of update or these are going back!!!  Is there someone we can reach out too?

This is extremely sad.... Been a loyal customer since i bought my first 321 home theater system back in the day.

MojoJojo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Have tried this before buying and choose not to buy because of this issue.
Come back home and found out the fixer is already out as a firmware update.
I went back to the shop and buy it right away.
After updating, I found out that the issue is still exist on youtube and facebook videos.
I’m so disappoint.
I hope you come back with the update again real soon since Sony ones are free of this issue.
In my opinion, Bose are above Sony, may be i’m wrong
Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Its really weird.

After test and update:

If you look videos in youtube from safari in and iphone/Mac there is no delay

if you look videos in youtube app in iphone there is delay.

In mac videos play without delay with the last update. 

swadeepc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

I've tried the mobile website for YouTube from chrome on pixel 2 but issues still there. Delay! Their replies haven't been helpful also. They can't even answer me how their Bose quitecomfort 35 which I have works fine with no delays but this has. Here's my chat with them.

Hi there,

The audio/video sync lag issue is terribly appalling on Soundsport Free Wireless Earbuds and you're Bose! Will you ever fix this? Lack of support and replies on forums too. I have Bose quitecomfort 35 also and it works like a charm. Why is there problem on this then? Do you not use same technology? Please fix this issue or if you're not going to then at least tell us so I can sell this and cut loss and never buy your product again. Thanks.

Hello Swadeep,
A SoundSport Free software update is now available to improve audio/video synchronization issues in most used cases. You can download the new software wirelessly through the Bose Connect app or by visiting http://btu.bose.com on your computer. If you own a Bluetooth device that fully supports Audio Video Distribution Transport Protocol (AVDTP), version 1.3 or later, you will benefit by this update. We have confirmed Apple iPhones and iPads use this protocol and we will continue to evaluate other popular Bluetooth devices.
Audio/video synchronization may also vary depending on the mobile app being viewed (e.g. Netflix, YouTube). We encourage you to use the most recent software for your mobile apps, Bluetooth devices and Bose headphones.

I've downloaded loaded the latest firmware already but it's still pretty bad. No improvement whatsoever. Is this a hardware issue? Please just be straight so I know what to do.

Audio video synchronization can vary depending on the mobile app being viewed (e.g. YouTube). Our engineers are partnering with select app developers to improve this experience. In the meantime, we encourage you to watch sites such as YouTube videos through your iPhone web browser instead of the YouTube app.

I tried you using YouTube from chrome also on my phone but issues still persist.

I just don't get it how the Bose quitecomfort works fine but not this Bose Soundsport Free. Unless there's a hardware issues or you guys messed something up?

I'm just asking if you're planning to fix it. If not then please just say so. For a company like yours this is quite disappointing. Thanks.

Waiting further replies.
feinburg
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

After having it for 45 days of owning the Bose True Wireless, the audio and video delay just can't justflied for the $250 price tag. I'm jumping to the IconX 2018 from Samsung instead. This sucks because I have own bose for the last 4 years and now I have to switch to something I didn't want to do.

bluegale
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Feinburg, I don't know if you haven't seen this review about iconx 2018 in Amazon, but this dude owned Soundsport Free and then switched to the new iconx. And clearly he is satisfied. According to him, computer connection is breeze, there would be no sound lag, no drop outs and sounds great when fitted as they should be. I do own Soundsport Free, but I'm so embarrassed whenever my friends are asking if I'd recommend it and all I can say is please do not buy because these are so weak that even my arm along the way would cause music to drop out. Paying USD 250 for this, it truly is laughable. Bose is now acting like Intel, I presume. They knew the problem and they closed their mouths.
One of the moderators keeps telling us to try a Bluetooth dongle, which I honestly don't understand (I do understand the technology behind it of course) as this is not 2001 we are living in and that these are not some **bleep**ty knockoffs. Even those made in China (don't get me wrong, they produce some fine audio products these days, albeit copied versions of flagship models from other tier 1 manufacturers) don't drop out like this and they do connect to PCs solid. Heck they even have Bluetooth adaptor that can be connected to my custom molded BA receivers on Ali Express for 18 dollars.
Anyways, here is the review on Amazon:

I initially purchased the Bose Soundsport Free Earbuds, The sound on those was awesome. The fit was great. But they came with many flaws. The worse being the drop out of the left bud. Just turning your head would cause it to drop out. I had heard that Samsung had a pair and read the reviews. They weren't so great. Then I saw they had a reboot and had the 2018 version. I gave them a try and am very satisfied. They fit well and if you work with the fit, they sound awesome. Good crisp highs and nice bass. I haven't tried all of the features as of yet, but so far, I am pleased with Samsung. I paired them to my S8 Plus and surface pro 4. Very easy to do. The build is solid and they feel like they will last. I will try to do an update when I have put in some time with them. But first impressions are all good.

Oh, have I mentioned that the battery lasts longer and they even have 4GB internal storage so that you don't even need to pair them to your phone, making them truly wireless sport receivers?