Highlighted
feinburg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Good thing I return it on the last day I could. I wasn't going to return it because it was the last day of 45 day return policy I have with Best Buy but I couldn't stand the fact that the audio/video lag, the left ear keeps dropping off and when I fully charge my Soundsport Free it will not say 100% but the percent that I put it in the charging case. Also I will get $70 back because the IconX 2018 is $50 less and Best Buy insurance is $20 less because it's under $200.

Pretty bad that Bose has not release information on replacement on update version of the True Soundsport.

Highlighted
Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Wow, I just purchased two sets of these for my wife & I.   Initially, I loved them while using them on my phone, but alas, connected to my laptop & tablet and discovered the same issues that all of you have been mentioning.   Video lag, etc....

Bose....what is your response???

Highlighted
Mani
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

I am having all the same isssues.. with similar dissapointment.  

Highlighted
Mani
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

I have this update,  still experiencing the delay.

Highlighted
travelentrep
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

I returned mine at best buy on Friday. Lady asked me what's wrong with it, I said: "just everything that could possibly be wrong with a **bleep** pair of earphones".
Phew, I literally feel relieved. It truly bothered be not so much the pathetic excuse for a $250 piece of crap, but the lowness of Bose for literally disregarding us.

This isn't some Pizza Hut issue of forgotten mushrooms on the pie, it's about a highly expensive piece of equipment, made by 'supposedly' the flagship of sound brands.
#solongbose
I say we all take to Twitter and use the hashtag #solongbose.
Pretty sure they won't ignore 'that'.
Highlighted
ddude003
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

What is up with Bose???

I tried a Asus USB-BT400 bluetooth 4.0 adapter in my laptop that is having issues with the driver always setting the stereomode into voice/headset mode that turns off the left ear...  After disabling and removing the drivers for the intel blutooth uart.  Installing the Asus USB bluetooth adapter and installing current drivers the issue persists...  The Bose sport free wireless will stop working in stereomode and always go to headset mode...

Bose it is time to man up and fix these issues, have a product recall or face class action...

Cordially...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @Mani

Thanks for posting. In regard to the update. The update will benefit customers with Bluetooth AVDTP Protocol version 1.3 or later. We have confirmed Apple iPhones and iPads use this protocol and we continue to evaluate other popular Bluetooth devices. Audio-video synchronization may also vary depending on the mobile app being viewed ( Netflix/YouTube). We encourage you to use the most recent software for your mobile apps, Bluetooth devices, and Bose headphones. 

@travelentrep

I assure you that no one is being ignored. We constantly monitor these threads and want everyone to know that we are here to help! If you are having issues with any Bose product, please contact your local  Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

@ddude003

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you are having these troubles. Could I ask, do the headphones function properly when paired with a mobile device? 

Please come back and let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

We have contacted bose for support and continue to get the same run-around.   These headphones don't work when using on windows, laptops, etc.   Yes, it works fine on my cell phone, but not my tablet.   Nowhere in the advertisement for these headphones did it say it should only be used for cell phones / mobile devices.

There is still a serious lag between the headphones and laptop.  (not to mention the other issues other users here have mentioned).   

If you are here to help, what do you say to someone in my position?    I have a pair of headphones, with a big lag between them and my laptop.    I've contacted support and gone through the updates (yes, firmware updated, yes, restarted and repaired the device, yada yada yada).

Please tell us.....what are your engineers doing right now to fix the lagging issue?   And when will we get an update?

Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Well, I'm done waiting for information that BOSE will never give.    I just got off the phone w/ customer service again and am printing my return lables for the 2 pair of Soundsport free headphones.    It's a shame - the product was a great idea, but just horribly executed and ultimately a terrible response by a company that I once respected.   They could simply never be honest with the true issue behind the lag between windows and the headphones, instead puting the customer through an endless loop of "upgrading firmware" and diverting each conversation to it's mobile phone capabilities instead of ever being honest with the lack of integration with tablets, laptops, OS i.e. windows, etc.     

Fairwell Bose and best wishes to others in this thread that are still waiting for Bose to be real about these issues.  I hope each of your journeys turn out different!

Highlighted
jsound
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Same here. I wasn't about to wait for my return window to close. I got mine at a Bose store and the return was super easy, no questions asked. The salesperson that helped me out was not at all surprised when I offered my reason anyway, apparently it's been happening a lot. I will say that if you have the option to return them, do it. The relief from no longer having buyer's remorse and from no longer questioning whether waiting for a fix is the right move or not is absolutely worth it. Peace of mind is priceless. If there's a fix you can always buy them later, if not, you can always buy something else. Either way, just my two cents on that, I wish the best to you all.