Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

These just dropped into stores here. Ill try them out - mainly for running. Will try them within the return window.
Hopefully the European version is fixed a little before launch.... Will see.
jitterping
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

I downloaded the firmware update and still have a delay problem with video.
tolgaatesel
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

I have a good news for you. On my Macbook Pro With vlc video playback software version 3.0.0, it came out as a solution to the sync problem. I just updated vlc to 3.0.0 and happly found that the audio / video problem was fixed.

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Good evening everyone .. I also bought these headphones 5 days ago, and I have problems syncing audio video; do you know if it is resolvable via some update? And can the call be heard by both headphones? Bose here we go again! perfect sound and present problems 😑
Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Received mine yesterday.

Poor design. Too heavy. Makes microphonic-like sound while running / jumping. They wiggle ro much. They stick out way too much as well. Looks kinda goofy. Thought they was smaller. Can't use these during winter thats for sure.

Sound quality is bose. Good indeed.

Now, I got connectivity issues shifting from right to left and forth. Lasted some seconds. Happened during Netflix. Horrible is one way to describe this.

Lipsync? Oh my God. Can't keep these. Some clips have several seconds on YouTube. Netflix was better but way too much. 😔

Return these and go for jaybird run or iconx.

Sorry bose, but these are not ready to be released yet.

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Don't wait for it. Will not happen
HermannS
Advisor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi everyone!

Just to make it clear, why the delay exists: The Bluetooth profiles of which the BOSE products are capable of, do not have the Qualcomm aptX chip on board!

Therefore you always get over ~120 ms latency (delay) when listening. While this is no matter when you have audio only - you will notice this latency very much in a combined video and audio feed (videos, movies, games ...)!

With aptX (available as "aptX", "aptX HD" and "aptX Low Latency") you would get down to ~40 ms latency. To get it straight: This is a hardware (lacking of chip) matter and cannot be solved via firmware! With firmware improvement you might get down to ~120 ms but not the ~40 ms of "aptX Low Latency"!

But as you might know, BOSE does not use Qualcomm aptX at all! Check https://www.aptx.com/products and try to find BOSE in the very long list of brands. Not present!

A further explanation to the delay with the "SoundSport Free": The right ear-piece has two bluetooth modules built in. The first connects with the player device (smartphone, TV ...), the other one streams the left channel to the left ear-piece. To get this synchronised, a special mechanism is in place, which favours synchronicity of left and right channels (which is truly most important) versus delay.

The SoundLink Revolve and Revolve+ users know this from the "party mode" or "stereo mode". You cannot watch movies with this setup, the delay is too big. Single Revolve/Revolve+ via Bluetooth is fair, but two connected Revolvers is unbearable. This is why BOSE recommends the AUX connection for best low latency experience.

Needless to say, how disappointing the lack of aptX in BOSE products is. Although very good products. Personally I favour the BOSE products over the rest, but the missing aptX stuff is truly a no-brainer (in this segment of pricing)! aptX is not just latency, but also sound quality.

ngcousineau
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Hey Hermann,

I too, prefer the Bose over all of them and that's why I decided to keep them....the only thing about reading what you wrote about the lagging issue, for me, not sure about anyone else, is that it ONLY lags on youtube (that I noticed so far).  It does not lag from movies that I have on my iPad, not from Netflix, not from watching movies from apps like FlexPlayer or PlayerXtreme.  The lag is not everywhere, just isolated to YouTube, in my situation.

ngcousineau

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

2 questions ... this also happens for those who have for example the wireless speakers of the lyfestyle 600/650? And also to those who have apple airpods? or the samsung gear X?
tolgaatesel
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

I have also Apple Airpods and It has no delay.