Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ser Rikari
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Yes! I read somewhere else the audio compression and decompression that happens between the device and the headphones is what causes the desync. I also noticed for my iPad that YouTube is the only app I get this lag from.

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

when you answer a call tells you the number or the name?
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi kaiserfernando

Thanks for posting. It would depend on your phone and how it announces calls. I've tried both the Soundsport Free and a QC35 on different phones and it varies from phone to phone.

Regards

Tony

alevisohn
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

I'm having sync problems when watching TV as well and intermittent connection problems with my pixel 2 XL. Sounds like the same issues everyone else is suffering through. Not what I expected from such expensive headphones.
zaibzaib
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Using Safari on Macbook instead of chrome made it a lot better, anyway to fix the delay while playing mkv files? I have tried Mplayer OSX and VLC player, they both have very bad delays.

wilfredtchiu
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

for streaming/downloaded videos you can use MX Player and adjust some settings.

or you can try with the one earbud only.

there will be more delay when you use the left earbud instead of using only the right earbud.

Audiophilepro
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2018

Personally I have sent them back some time ago and purchased Jabra Elite 65t...fantastic pairing, sound, AND  Bluetooth 5.0

Price is 169.99$ 

Sorry bose but that problem will never get fixed until Soundsport Fee 2 come out, Unfortinuate they dropped the ball on this one.. I would wait till the spring/summer for the wireless free is still in baby stages, it will be corrected but with alot of the recent "free" so called earbuds slaving causes lags and delays...

ryansmodernlife
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2018

When watching Youtube videos, it used to have bad lag when I had both ear pieces in but would sync perfectly if I only had the right ear piece in. I understood that was because the right ear piece had to communicate with the left before it was able to play the sound. After the firmware 1.4.5 while the sync is a tiny bit better with both buds, it is far worse when only having the right bud in. I would've rather had the audio sync perfectly with only the right bud in than to have it be a slight but better (but still off) with both pieces. I really hope this either gets reverted or a new firmware would be able to fully sync audio and video with both buds.

wilfredtchiu
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

@ryansmodernlife
If you don't mind try to stream it in mx player just copy the video link and make sure to check "use sw audio decoder" or adjust "bluetooth audio delay" in settings
wilfredtchiu
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

Hi Tony_G

May I know if the fastforward or rewind "not the skip or previous song - press press/press press press(multi function) " command in soundsport free has been removed from the latest firmware version which is 1.4.5 or it is just a bug. I used to Fastforward by pressing multifunction "press press(hold)" or rewind by "press press press(hold)" .

Thank You!!!