Kronky888
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Couldn’t agree more. Super frustrating with YouTube out of sync and VLC gives no sound when watching a movie on it. Not worth £180

Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

so...did this just get ignored? cant use these for ANYTHINg because they lag...are we getting a refund?

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

I just wanted to jump in and say that we are listening to everyone on the community. We encourage anyone not satisfied with their headphones to contact their local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

good evening, I am an Italian customer, I also have problem of audio delay when I watch a video and sometimes skips the audio on the left headset ... annoying problems that I hope bose agrees to solve after paying € 200 these headphones.
Noufil
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

i have the exact same problem with vlc and youtube. i have noticed that it doesnt play mpv and mp4 format specifically. so now if i want to watch videos while working out, id have to convert them first ? its super annoying.

also i have the issue of windows 10 handsfree only connection, the stereo doesnt work at all. tried everything here.

did you try somthing that fixed it ?

Kronky888
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I posted this in another topic. Hope this help others

I purchased my Bose sport free wireless couple days ago and here’s my experience. I do enjoy listening to music with no wire attached around my neck especially when I’m at the gym, however when it comes to watching videos, only YouTube goes out of sync for and VLC don’t have any sound at all.

I have found out that it’s a common issue with vlc app and with YouTube going out of sync. For YouTube issue, you need to use the browser and should be fine although using the app is a lot more convenient. For vlc I’m planning to use another similar app to play my movies and hopefully that will fix the issue. (I’m using iPad Air 2)

I really enjoy everything about my new Bose and I had the previous version with the wire(sound sport wireless) and everything worked fine.

My verdict
If it’s purely for outdoor, gym or just music these earbuds are PERFECT
But if you want it for watching videos, movies and other stuff like gaming then there may be better options out there. But imo Bose has best sound quality for me that’s why I’m finding it hard to return these lil beasts!
RubEma
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Hi everyone,

Please check out this post. I managed to connect my Soundsport Free to my Windwos computer/laptop, without any isuee and 100% working.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Soundsport-FREE-with-Windows-10-FIX-quot-100-WORKI...

This way is the right way for every one, who want his buds to work with windows 10.

Best,

ngcousineau
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

@RubEma, I have tried steps by steps TWICE from the link you posted to try and fix the lagging issue (100% working) and it did nothing for me unfortunately.

If someone tried it, did it work for you?

BTW, thanks Bose for letting us know that you didn't forget about us.  I'm one of those who is hoping with time there will be a fix and didn't return them.  It doesn't bother me that much but still hope there will be a fix eventually, soon!

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Nathalie

RubEma
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

@ngcousineauwrote:

@RubEma, I have tried steps by steps TWICE from the link you posted to try and fix the lagging issue (100% working) and it did nothing for me unfortunately.

If someone tried it, did it work for you?

BTW, thanks Bose for letting us know that you didn't forget about us.  I'm one of those who is hoping with time there will be a fix and didn't return them.  It doesn't bother me that much but still hope there will be a fix eventually, soon!

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Nathalie

Hi @ngcousineau,

Actually, those steps I mentioned do nothing for the LAGGING issue.

Its only for ppl who’s having hard time to connect their buds to computer/laptop.

As for the lagging issue, either my steps nor any other steps in the internet, can fix this issue. Bose has to do something with Microsoft to find a proper solution and permanent fix for this lag. Also, this lag it’s not only in Windows devices, it’s in (IOS – Apple iPhones) also.

Youtube, facebook apps has this lag also when you connect your soundsport free buds to your smart phone. And that’s not the apps problem, its Bose problem with their buds.

If I want to be fear, I can’t blame BOSE only (For Windows connection issue, not the lagging), I also blame myself when I bought the buds and other buyers, since we didn’t realize that packaging of the headphone doesn’t mentioned that its compatible with WINDOWS, while it’s clearly mentioned that its compatible with (iPod, iPhone, iPad and Android).

As for the lagging issue, I am with you and with others, that BOSE has to fix it, or I am sure the company will start losing its reputation.

Nick Tang
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Yes I also found this lagging issue very annoying. Would like to know if all the bluetooth wirelss headphone from BOSE also suffer from this issue or it is just Sound Sport Free issue?