Highlighted
Nick Tang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

@GoldenBeard Yes last time I have contacted with them I got the same answer as yours. But if it is BOSE, it should never let this imperfect buds to release to market then. People buy it because it is BOSE. I am asking if they can exchange with another "perfect" products if they have now.

Highlighted
HermannS
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Hi!

I can only repeat: The technology for the best experience without lagging sound when watching videos is called "aptX Low Latency". This technology has been designed to allow a perfect matching of audio and video along with perfect sound. Almost all smartphones use aptX technology.

But BOSE is not using Qualcomm aptX at all. Not the aptX, aptX HD or aptX Low Latency.

So I think it might be pretty hard for the engineers to improve their software without the possibilty to use a extra designed hardware part and to have a great sound.

I'm curious how and when BOSE will achieve this.

Meanwhile I let others complain and use my Jaybird with a connecting cable between the buds ...

HermannS

Highlighted
Tierdal
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

The issue is they used cheap tech. They used bluetooth tech , you can tell because a windows PC picked it up as bluetooth and the calling function is one ear. 

I wish thye hadnt cheaped out and i wish theyd refund me.

Highlighted
Nick Tang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Sadly I hadn't do any research prior to my purchase.

I was in a hurry because my wife was going to a business trip and forgot to bring her earphones, thus I just grab one in the BOSE shop before her departure inside the airport. 

I bought that because it's BOSE....... regardless of the price tag and now I am truely disappointed.

Nick

Highlighted
glenndwilson
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

Agree Nick.... bought mine without first looking at reviews because it was Bose. sadly what disappoints me the most is not the product being faulty but the inaction from Bose. Next time I make a purchase I’ll definitly be looking at other brands. There’s nothing worst than poor customer service to loyal customers.
Highlighted
zaibzaib
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

I have been going back and forth with Bose on this issue. Here is the final responce I got from them:

Thanks for writing back about your SoundSport free headphones.

I appreciate your efforts on updating the software and since the issues is still present. This concern has already been reported to our operations team as we strive to resolve this audio and view delay on the headphones. However, the software update does not end here and we will continue to make the headphones work as expected. At this time you may always check on other headphones that would be suitable for you needs. You may call our Product and Technical Support line at 800)-367-4008 9AM-9PM ET Monday-Friday and 9AM-7PM on Saturday to check on further options.    

Highlighted
Tierdal
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

So they told you to just buy something else while they fix their broken product you already bought?

Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

LOL, yeah, not surprised.  I'm truly shocked by the lack of a strategic response for these lagging issues.   This has been going on for 6+ months (if not more).   I returned mine and got a refund and will never shop Bose again.   I suggest others do the same - it will be the only way they get the message.  

Highlighted
Nick Tang
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Still waiting for the reply from the local support. I hope someone from BOSE really watching this forum and react.

Highlighted
ZREALTOR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

IT took me a big amount of time to get them on the phone.  Once I did, I got them to accept my soundsport buds back and they exchanged them.  (I sent mine with return receipt requested).  The "newer" version works well.  But it does take ALOT of time on the phone