NikOnJava
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2018

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Today I received the replacement headphones. When I had called Bose support with the lag issue, the rep had asked for my devices that I use and commented that Bose will run tests before sending me the replacement. The fact that I had to update the firmware tells me that they just sent me a pair from the stock, not necessarily the latest manufactured batch and no testing.

As expected the lag is still there. I think I am thinking of returning these.

Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

This is just too unreal....this has now been a 6+ month issue, and nothing but excuses and non-explanations from the company.   I was a BOSE customer for a long time....but seeing the complete ineptitude displayed here is really eye opening.   Even the last moderator who posted really said nothing other than "they are watching the thread".    After 6+ months, no explanation from BOSE on the root cause, no explanation on what their engineers are doing to fix the issue, no explanation on a timetable or pilot re: a fix.   I get that is might be an issue they don't know how to fix....but if that's the case, then why not simply recall them?    They know these devices aren't working.......anyway, I've signed the petition.   Doubt that will do anything.    The ONLY fix to this is to STOP purchasing BOSE products.   That's the only way to get their attention.....and spread the word with your friends.   Hitting the their revenue is the only solution here......

RubEma
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Hi Every one,

I am an Tech editor in one of the largest Newspaper in the middle east, (Alittihad News Paper). I am covering each and every thing in Tech field, since almost 20 years.

I am also a big fan of Bose since the first beginning of the company.

I am as all of you in the same boat. How Bose is treading its value customers? And how they didn't at less confirm that their Earbuds has this major problems? (Lags, connectivity...)

For that, i am preparing an article in the newspaper regarding this issues. And i would like to know: If every one who has the Free edition of the Bose earbuds has this Lag, connectivity "specially with windows 10"... etc. issues?

The article will be in Arabic Language and i know, it may not hears loud. But its at less a small pressure way against, how Bose dealing with its customers.

Finally, i believe that we as Bose Fans, has the right to know whats going on with our favorite company? And why this limitation in support?

I, by myself wont stop buying their products, but also, i will not stop complaining if the product has issue. Like what the Free edition has.

Best,
Noufil
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

@RubEma

its great to have a journalist on the same boat !. cant speak for everyone but for me, every issue being mentioned here has happened. 

windows 10 connection issues, video lag, vlc not playing, sound dropping time to time. and all fixes are temporary. 

i hope bose shares with us what they are working on and if theres a solution possible to all the problems. if people spend alot of money to buy somthing that gives so much trouble, product isnt work the box it came in ! 

Alvarito86
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 4, 2018

Gents,
I found the solution to this issues. I copied this walktrhough from some others here
Trust me, is 100% valid (at least for me)
Steps:
Step 1: return the headphoned
Step 2: get your money back
Step 3: buy sport headphones from other brand

I will not say BOSE is not taking care of customers, or their products are not good, but this exactly model hast not been well baked. I hope BOSE take a step forward and let customers wich aren’t in return period to give their airbuds back and give money.

Is not the end to admit a lack of quality for one product
Ser Rikari
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Okay. Half of these comments are unecessary. Seriously it seems like a lot of these comments have no thought to them and are generally toxic about anything the commenters disagree with.

While I do agree that this situation isn't the greatest, they've warned consumers about the issue, they've mentioned they're working on it, a good portion of true wireless headphones suffer this same issue and it's a pretty largely known issue.

If you didn't know about it, you either bought them on impulse or, more likely, you didn't do enough research. So instead of being toxic and ridiculous, get your refund or figure out another use for them and move on. Ffs
Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Ser Rikari,

Okay, so its unecessary to expect a high priced product from a respectible company to work as advertised?    It's also unecessary for us to communicate our challenges with BOSE through the forum that the company themselves have set up?

They continue to sell these headphones, knowing the challenges that users are still experiencing....and you think they have "warned consumers about the issue"?    They should recall the product....not "warn them" on some forum where most customers won't see it.   

Also, do you expect customers to research forums everytime they purchase products?   That is unrealistic and you know it. 

Lastly....many folks can't get refunds on these (read the forum), so it's not as easy as "moving on".    This is a defective product and needs to be recalled immediately.   

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread.

The moderation team is concerned that these threads are devolving into less constructive conversation and interactions.  We want to foster an open, respectful, and kind environment.

We understand that this was first reported around 6 months ago and we do acknowledge that this is an issue.  What we’ve found is that the lag is not just related to our product but there are also factors outside of our software and hardware that contribute that are not in our control.

Additionally, some users have found relief from the lag by using their streaming services in a browser as opposed to respective applications.

We have decided to close this thread for the time being while we continue to look into this.  We will share any information with the community.

For reference, here is a link to our Community Guidelines.

Thank you again and take care,

Shiloh