Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mneggerly
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Lol. It's 2017. You don't get to make headphones that don't properly support video. Also, I'd like to point out to Bose that many people, myself included, sometimes watch video while excericising. 

Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

That's crazy need. Use your video specific headphones!
Evanture
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

I have to make a correction here! Despite all the comments on this thread, I went against my best judgement and still bought it. I love it! Yes, there are definitely issues regarding video syncing. But aside from that, the sound quality is superb! I had a nice run with it on the treadmill for 30 minutes and absolutely love it. Also, the call quality is really good even though it only works on the right ear, but I"m ok with that. I highly reco it and am taking back my comments before because I was just reading all the reviews on here. Give it a shot, or you can return it. 

HamStrength
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

It's funny how these earphones were "engineered for exercise" Ive had these for 2 days. Both days were used at the gym. I basically live in the gym and i can tell you that these earbuds are not worth 250. I get constant disconnection issues during my workout and its the worst! cant even walk to the water fountain with my phone on the bench without my lwft and right earbud fighting who wants to take 1st place. I mean the comfort, design, sound are all spot on. But can you guys live up to your name and fix this issue before it degrades the bose quality name?! Come on we just want to enjoy these earphones without any disturbance. Deliver!!!
belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

My Jabra Elite Sport wireless earbuds are also intended exercise and gym use. They are waterproof and feature a heart rate monitor. They come with an app that acts as a fitness coach, measuring vo2 max etc.

Somehow they manage not to lag when watching videos. They also allow me to have stereo phone calls... The QC30 also provides stereo phone calls. Bose claims the Free's do not, as a matter of legal compliance while driving.

Lie more Bose. It looks way better than just admitting the product is a flop.

GN Group is an industry leader in wireless technology while Bose is an industry leader in noise cancellation tech. That's what we are dealing with here. It is scary to think one of two things happened with Bose. 1-they performed zero QA testing and were unaware of the lag and other issues. Or more likely 2-they were aware of the shortcomings and launched the product anyway, figuring they could pass it off as "good enough for a first entry into the market" type of a product.

The Jabra do everything I wish the Bose did. They are considerably less comfortable, but superior in every other way.

I will still be trying the B&O e8 as well as Dash Pro from Bragi before finalizing purchase decision.

None of the wireless earbuds I have tried satisfy me, including the Jabra, but they come closest. The seal from the comply tips is equal to level 1 NC on QC35s. Level 2 offers better NC, but if worn with glasses, the Jabra is equal to the QC35s in terms of noise reduction. They have to seal fully or the tech does not work. This is known, I'm just trying to give people an idea od what to expect before blowing $250 on earbuds.

If it were between Soundsport Free vs Elite Sport, Jabra without spending even 2 seconds thinking about it.
okcalderon
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

the video delay is only on watching web videos like youtube or other sites not videos stored on your device that works fine at least my experince I do hope you work on that fix ASAP

Thanks

okcalderon
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

follow to my previous message, official paid video sites like hulu, and netflix I had no problems there was nothing out of sync it was perfect only youtube is there a problem and again its only a hair off for me in my experince

mneggerly
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

I wonder if this varies by unit. I’ve tried YouTube, Hulu, Netflix and videos downloaded on my device and the lag is there regardless of video source. I’m gonna return these tomorrow and hope Bose has a fix soon.
ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Ok, this thread might only be a week old. But the issue has been a problem since the release of them and I’m now down to the wire on my return policy and extended warranty return also. Can we get an update on this?

My 2 cents:

I get the lag on local videos, recorded with my own camera, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, my two different videos editing softwares (one on iPad Pro one on Microsoft Surface Pro 4) different devices like windows, Apple, iPhone 4 to iphone X so this has nothing to do with the version of Bluetooth chips, PS3, Apple TV, my Samsung smart TV, it doesn’t matter.
Do they sound great yes, but my main use is editing videos for my channel.

When I wanted to buy the SoundSport the manager talked me into waiting a couple of weeks for the SoindSport Free version.
i have uo a perfectly good pair of QC20i noice canceling headsets for this to go wireless and not have to deal with an adapter. I also lost my extended warranty from this, and had to buy another one. Even if I return them for full price I’m still going to loose another $100 to go back to what I had before. This is BS.

it says to follow this thread for updates, I have not seen a single update from the person who opened the thread.
can we get an update, or am I going to the bose store to argue with the manager and try to get back what I had with it loosing any more money and possibly getting tossed out of the mall from security?
Never was I told these are for the gym only, or ment for workouts only. I’m disabled with Stiff Person Syndrome, I walked in barley walking) with a cane. If the manger of the store thought I was going to use them for working out then I’m not sure how he becasme a manager.

It’s simple. Two questions need to be answered because I’m tired of getting a different answer depending who I talk with.
1. By now your engineers should know if this is a hardware or firmware issue. Or if it can be fixed by firmware or not. Please update us in this status.
2. If it can’t be fixed by firmware will Bose offer the updated hardware one once it’s released and swap then for the one that are defective?

Bose has always stood behind their products in the last, for all 7 sets I have owned over the years. If you at least release a guarantee that you will replace them with a hardware fixed version if it can’t be fixed with firmware then I’ll keep what I have and wait. But not giving any updates is disappointing me so far. Not to mention this isn’t good PR or customer service staying silent.

Thats all I wan to know. Part of me says it’s a firmware issue but I’m not a programmer. But let’s say when the slave (left ear) goes to connect to the master (right ear) then the master sends a signal to the to the source device (phone/tablet) pausing the video. This should be possible with the Bluetooth profile by a single mode button click for pause.
Once the slave is connected and synced up with the master, has a little cache behind it in memory then the master can start the video again.
In my opinion this has to do with the slave, but affects both because the master has a delay when it pairs with the slave. If I put the slave back into the case to turn it off. Pause the video, or sometimes refresh or restart the video and only use the master then the sound is perfectly synced with the video. So it’s this paid that the master does when pairing with the slave, but the videos keeps playing when this slave and master paring seems to happen.
Like I said, I’m not a coder so I dont know how hard it will be to implement this type of possible solution in firmware. And I don’t know the hardware specs of how much memory is in the headset for the firmware or how much memory the microcontler has for these firmware changes.

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

I'm warning everyone, all they want you to do is get past the return period. I have the Soundsports and they work fine. The wire behind your head is no big deal. Get out of these and get those. That will buy you another month using the regular Soundsports. If the fix the issue within that time return the Soundsports and buy the frees again. That's keeps you from getting locked in and if Bose doesn't like all the returns too bad. They should have put out a good product.