Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okcalderon
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

the lastest firmware didn't address the issue at all and why does the firmware take forever to download and transfer you dont even get the option to download firmware by pc which you would assume would be faster, does anyone know if bose is really addressing video delay issue? (Which for me is barely noticable and so far only an issue with youtube) im on the fence about returning them its pretty crappy for bose to put out a product with such an obvious glitch $249 is a hefty price to pay to ask people to put up with something. they really dropped the ball with this one. you figured since they waited all this time to release their version of true wireless earbuds you'd think they had enough test time to address a major issue like video delay

WKV88
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2015

Can i ask some forum members about the Soundsport Wireless (159€ model). Hoe is the audio lag on those? Can i compare them to the Queitcomfort 35’s on the video lag?

Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Soundsport wireless is perfect. It is why I bought these. it's like the two were not even made by the same company.

WKV88
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2015

Wow... hoping these issues will be fixed im holding off for now
mneggerly
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

I returned the Soundsport wireless and got the Jabra Sport Elite, but found them incredibly uncomfortable. They were painful to wear which is unfortunate because they functioned better than the SoundSport Wirless. I decided to try again and repurchase the SoundSports today and with the pair I have now I’m only experiencing the video lag on YT videos. I’m hopeful the sound btw. the right and left ear doesn’t drop when I take them outside for a run. If they can handle that I may stick with them!

Basically, if you run through the stock of these headphones at your chosen electronics retailer you may find a pair that is semi-functional! Although, Bose, it would be a lot easier if you all just fixed the problem.
Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Are they really that uncomfortable? mine come today =/ 

The lag in the HBO NOW app is ridiculous. Like 2 seconds.

and the left earbud shorting out constantly.

These things are a joke.

ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

@okcalderon wrote:

“the lastest firmware didn't address the issue at all and why does the firmware take forever to download and transfer you dont even get the option to download firmware by pc which you would assume would be faster.”

Hear is the video I did on how to update the firmware from your computer. Firmware 1.1.0 has an issue with slow updating. They supposedly fixed this with version 1.2.0 but I need another firmware uo]pdaye to confirm that. A lot of people are not updating beicaxe of this slow updating, and they still also suffer the left ear dropping signals that was also fixed in 1.2.0 from what I’ve seen with my testing.

Scott

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
If you bought your Bose SoundSport Free And they came with firmware version 1.1.0, then you will want to update them to the latest or at least version 1.2.0 ...
belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

If you watched the progress circle reset at 51% more than 3 times (2 hours **bleep**?) you're exactly the kind of person Bose is marketing these wireless headphones to.

The update never took 2 hours.  It was restarting over and over and over again because the left ear disconnected over and over and over again because of some inherant design flaw.  These headphones are broken out of the box and no firmware update will change that.

return them

I already confirmed the jabra's dont have lag and do have stereo calls.  sony also has stereo calls but does have some lag issues.  I'll find out later in the week if the bang and olufsen's also lag.  

ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

And exactly what “Kind of Person” is that? Just because I chose to not sit and watch a circle to notice a little detail and have better things to do then watch a firmware update download. At the time their was no, I’ll say it again NO information on them when I bought them getting one of the first pairs from the store the day they came in stock.

Also, did bose tell you the left ear was restarting, did you confirm with with some hidden logging I don’t know about (and yes I know about the advanced firmware updated web page to see the logs and mine didn’t have any logs). I would just like to know how you obtained this information and confirmed it.

As for returning them, I already did.

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
UPDATE: New firmware was released:Most recent update is they have released one version of a new firmware, this has corrected some of the issues with audio/vi...
belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Did you just invent a typo I didn't actually make so that you could attack my comment?  

That's my cue to exit this thread.

But first, let me just say that I contacted Bose exactly once during my ownership, after I had diagnosed and determined causes for various issues I encountered.  Their response to every unique issue was "it's supposed to be that way"

I didn't need to ask why my left ear was dropping in and out.  That was fairly obvious.  The firmware file size + observable pattern didn't require viewing logs.  It was obvious that it was getting hung in a loop.  I was able to get around that by resetting the buds, wiping the data and cache in my BT drivers, and then forcing both buds to remain in use (pandora) while patching in an area with wifi and my phone lock set to off.  If you're the kind of person who wouldn't think to do that on your own...and instead needs to call customer service because "somethings wrong" we're two very different types of people.

I returned my Free's weeks ago, meaning I purchased them from an Outlet Store before the official launch date.  Don't sit there and lecture me about how there was no information available to you at the time of purchase.  We are all feeling like beta testers right now and I sure don't care that I was beta testing these buds long before you and long before i registered for an account on these forums.  I came here to track the response of Bose to the issue as well as follow the fix.  It has been a piss poor response at best and no fix is in sight.

As for typo's and judgements, you're right "I dint know you" 

bye forever Cat Surprised