Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash_C4
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

I went to return mine today at the Bose store and had a good chat with the manager.  I really didn't want to return them and when I left they left with me.  Bose is very much aware of the issues and they are working hard to resolve them and believe it can be fixed in software.  He assured me that I have until the end of March to return or exchange them and he even went so far as to put it in writing for me.  He said even if it does turn out to be a hardware issue Bose will do like they did with the moisture issue with te original SoundSport and replace them with the gen2 hardware.  I don't have anything to lose and I really don't like the sound and feel of anything else that I've tried so I'm going to keep them and wait it out.

leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

That's your call but like stated, you could get the Soundsports that have the wire connection and then that will give you another 30 days. Trust me, if after 2 months they haven't fixed the issue they're not. I have the QC35 and they never fixed the range issue with those. Might get 10' away from source on a good day.
elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

I concur with the statement above - if after 2 months they haven't fixed the issue, most likely they're not. We all know what happened with the QC35 and the range issue with those.

Reason I feel about it is because Bose keeps selling the SoundSport Free and not a word on their website about the video lag. I guess whomever made the decision to rush the product out the door wants to keep his/her job and hope for the best. 

Who knows maybe they are measuring success by volume sold and not by returns.

ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

When I returned them last night I was told that Bose want the store to send them all back. I guess it’s like a franchise and sort of left up to the store on the stock they bought if they return the stock or not? He wasn’t able to show me the bulletin, but he did mention the returning stock part. 

The problem as I discovered today with the SoundSport wireless is they dont have phone call noise canceling. So if your like me and want wireless, phone noise canceling, comfort and good sound the SoundSport wireless is missing noise canceling, and 8/10 on comfort from that darn wire.

Scott

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
zhouxi4oling
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

This product is going to sale in china next month and I have just ordered one.

Shocked to hear these news...

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Scott,

So sorry to hear about your experience. We will Direct Message you to assist.

Tony

georgeedwardg
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Hi Tony,

Can you (or someone in a position to know) provide us with an update regarding Bose’s position on this issue?

My return window is about to close and I am unclear as to whether a solution is forthcoming.

Bottom line: Have Bose’s engineers rendered a decision as to whether this a hardware or software related problem?
Hchurgin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I too am waiting to see what Bose is going to do. Besides all of us having the connection/drop out issues, I have another thread about battery guage issues also. I think they have been out long enough and Bose has gotten enough feedback about lots of issues. Its time to fix all the issues and make good on the product for a pleasurable listening experience!

ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Hi Tony,

I just sent you a message with my contact information. 

Thank you,

Scott

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Scott,

So sorry to hear about your experience. We will Direct Message you to assist.

Tony

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

A better gauge issue, you don’t say. Do I know you? We’re you working with a gadget person to troubleshoot this battery that’s issue by any chance?

Scott

@Hchurgin wrote:

I too am waiting to see what Bose is going to do. Besides all of us having the connection/drop out issues, I have another thread about battery guage issues also. I think they have been out long enough and Bose has gotten enough feedback about lots of issues. Its time to fix all the issues and make good on the product for a pleasurable listening experience!

Gadget Review Videos