Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hchurgin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Yes that was me about the battery gauge issue on YouTube .

WKV88
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2015

still no reply from Bose? wow? this update needs to happen or this is the worst product from Bose ever...

HamStrength
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

So i went ahead and returned my bose Soundsport Free buds. I was just ANNOYED that i had my phone right next to me during my workouts and having disconnection issues ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines - Please use respectful language*** I exchanged them for the WF Sony x1000 earbuds. The sound on these are ok, comfortable, but omfg these dam wireless earbuds all have problems. I cant have a decent workout without getting annoyed by the disconnection issues. Apparently they get interfered with all the other bluetooth signals around it. You guys need to understand this is late 2017 and EVERYONE uses Bluetooth headsets now. Thats not even including gym related stuff (Tv's, Treadmills, Heart rate monitors, Watches , etc) if it was a workout related product, you guys need to test it around 10+ more bluetooth products being turned on around it. For God Sakes this is really starting to piss me off. Ima just have to go back to the wired route. 200+ dollars for a ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines - Please use respectful language*** product that can't even withstand being in a gym. I LITTERALY HAVE MY PHONE NEXT TO ME AND STILL HAVE DISCONNECTION PROBLEMS. I use a samsung galaxy s8 so i doubt its the phone.

leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

The wired Bluetooth sound sports work just fine so I'm not sure why everyone's having such a hard time figuring out to just return these and get those. I mean is the wire that annoying? I've been using them for almost a year now and they work fine. Would it be nice if they were wireless, sure but evidently that technology is not ready yet and all manufacturers were just in a rush to get something out for Christmas. Keep returning them so they get the message loud and clear.
elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

What I do not understand is all of the positive reviews in Bose's website.

Let's be clear about this, sound is fantastic and they are very comfortable and light. But what good does that make if the left earbud is constantly disconnecting until there is a buzzing sound and the 2 seconds video lag that I can't stand.

I wonder if Bose is going to stand behind this product by releasing a software fix. If hardware related issue, I wonder if Bose is going to give us the option to replace the units we purchased with the updated ones.

belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Do the Sony buds have lag with YouTube? The Jabras don't and are otherwise fantastic, except they are uncomfortable as heck.

I will be able to confirm if the b&o e8 lags or not by next week. Their shipping is very slow.
dclarolh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Re: Updated: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

What about Android??? Same issues there. Pixel 2 XL.

OaBOne
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Re: Updated: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

Will engineers also address sound issue when connected to Windows 10 64 bit pc's?  Unable to stay connected to media (Stereo).  Defaults back to voice (right only). YouTube, Windows Player, Amazon Music...

ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

It seems all these new truly wireless Bluetooth headsets came out within months of each other. They are all probably using the same main chip with a few added for different features that some manufactures put in, and some features that others left out. Between the transmit power and antenna placement could just be some of the reasons why most of them experience the left ear cutout when your around a lot of interference. Or more likely that the radio multi function chip isn’t tuned exactly to the correct frequencies causing the left ear bud to receive s weaker signal that can be knocked out by others in the correct frequency.

A little about integrated chips otherwise know as IC, unlike the older days when a chip had a single purpose. Today’s IC chips have become a single chip that can contain multiple other wafers chips and complete multiple different functions. A single small chip for the main purpose of Bluetooth could also be the main processor for controlling other chips, have the memory for the firmware, be the boot loader, or even handle the charging of the battery and monitoring of the battery levels all in one small tiny chip, and much more.

If I had to guess one chip maker designed a super chip that has its own processor build it, memory flash space for firmware,supports Bluetooth LE, different Bluetooth profiles, separate inputs for the built in processor to handle controlling other chips for added features like active noise canceling, NFC, an internal clock for a sleep timer function and more. They make it full of all kinds of options, and really really small using 11 nanometer chip manufacturing process so it doesn’t use much power and fits in small ear buds. Sounds familiar?

They sell this chip to many different headset manufactures, now it’s up to the maker of the headset what features they enable with the firmware and supporting component hardware to designing the board.
Some chip makers might sell you a chip that can do 20 things (let’s say for $5) but at that $5 price point the chip will only do 3 of the 20 things it’s capable of. So not only does the headset manufacturer need to design the board layout with supporting hardware for other features, but they might have to pay extra for each additional feature they decide to activate to the chip maker. So it might be a $5 the base cost (I’m just giving it a number, I don’t know the cost), but if you want to use that same chip to do NFC, handle the battery charging, and other features then they might have to pay more to enable those features. For each feature enable by the chip will also require the supporting components for that feature. The more components the more battery life used and the bigger the board gets with all the supporting hardware. I’m mentioning this last part because I know someone will claim the Sony XM-1000 are different because they have active noice canceling and the bose doesn’t. This doesn’t mean they don’t use the same main chip.

Now usually the maker of this multifunctional and multi-feature rich chip will provide some base code firmware that proves it works, and they might even provide SDK software with different library’s for each feature for the manufactures firmware. This is like a driver for each feature the chip can do. This is usually just the basic starting code of the firmware needed for the features on this chip to run. But in the end every company wants to personalize their product with their signature features that they also add to the firmware. Or some just use the basic features only with everything else disabled because they want the headset smaller and to use less battery power for longer run times. After all, the more you enable and activate the more power it will use up, the more supporting hardware needed, the bigger the PVB board gets.

Most of the time if you have 15 manufactures using the same chip for the same functions in the same type of product, and 2 products are having issues then it because those two companies changed the firmware and made some custom changes or decided to write their own firmware and messed something up.
But when all 15 of the same type of products are having similar issues using this same chip then maybe the chip maker provided bad driver code, or a bad configuration file, or worse case it’s it’s a problem with the chips design.

My point is with all these new small wireless Bluetooth earbuds having the same problem, they all might be using the same chip someone finally created that had all the features and options that the manufactures wanted. Most of the time these days you can trust the specifications from the chip maker that it would work as intended if you used the chip makers code, and followed the design requirements and data sheet specifications. Maybe the few others also using this chip wrote their own code from scratch and that’s why they are not having these issues.

If a few are using the chip without these issues then it’s safe to says it can be fixed with some firmware updates, Either way, this could take some time to figure out what’s different with the ones that work. That’s only if they are willing to share, but I’m sure everything has a price.
In the end, if they are all using the same chip (and this is more common then you might think) then you might be waisting your time trying different ones since they all could have the same common problems.

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos
ScottJD
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

I can confirm the B&O E8’s don’t have Video/audio lag. I can also confirm the Bragi Dash Pros also don’t have Video/audio lag. Now for the sad news, I don’t know if you would be happy with either one compared to the Bose SoindSport Free or SoundSport Wireless. 

I know my last post was on the technical side, I tried to keep it simple as much as possable. 

My next post I do will be long, I’ve spent a lot of time writing it up. It’s my thoughts, opionions and reviews of the B&O E8’s and Bragi Dash Pros. 

Im only sharing this review on this thread so it can help people and possibly save people time and money with ordering these, and maybe returning them. The lost is only to help you decide if you want to go out and try these, maybe something in my next post will help you decide not to waist your time like I have? 

But I have spent the last three days with both of these, I even out every other review I’ve been doing on hold to spend my free time with just these two headsets. I am not making any recommendations to return the Bose and go buy one of these in my review and opinion that I will post later tonight. Thea is still your decision and only you can decide, but I hope the next post will also help you decide if you really want to try them or pass on them.

Out of all the things I cincidered and compared the one thing I am not able to do for you is test them in a gym with 20 or 40 other Bluetooth headsets running at the same time due to my disability. Sorry, you may have to wait for someone else to test this or decide to try it yourself.

Scott

For other reviews, electronic repairs, and gadget technology in general see my YouTube channel “Gadget Review Videos:
Gadget Review Videos