Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smetal
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

I'm having the exact same issue. I just downloaded the latest software from the Bose updater, hopefully that resolves something. Otherwise i'm in the same boat and will return them.

Evanture
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

HI there, 

Would you please let me know if this issue has been fixed yet? I am planning on purchasing them for my trip to South America but after reading all the reviews, I might consider going with some other brands. Please let me know soon

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Just wanted to drop in to say, we are actively assessing the issue and we will provide an update as soon as we can. Keep your eye on this thread and follow us on Twitter at @BoseService for updates.

Tony

smetal
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

No, the update did not fix my issues. I've unpaired and repaired as well. The biggest thing for me honestly is the fact that the left earbud keeps cutting in and out. I've got them ready to be returned in a box, but i'm wondering if i should wait now if they fix this issue. I guess i have to find out how much time i have left before i can return them.

dclarolh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

That's cute. You guys might want to 'actively assess' all the returns while you're at it.

dclarolh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Just put mine in the box for return today. I used them this morning and it seems like they were getting worse. The left ear started sending very high-pitched distortion sounds. Not sure how else to explain other than I couldn't keep it in my ear without damage to my ear. The right kept playing music normally. What a disaster.

leedesert
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

When a manufacturer puts out a product that has this relevant of a problem, considering they are wireless at the least they should be able to communicate with each other, There is not going to be a simple software fix. I've seen this before where the manufacturer will string you on waiting for some type of fix just so they can get you past a 30 day point. In my opinion whoever is having this problem should return the headsets as soon as possible and then, if they fix the issue, you can always repurchase a new set that are already programmed and fixed. When bose sees all these returned devices they will work quick to fix the problem.
dclarolh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Or they could get in front of the issue which they aren't moving a finger on.

Evanture
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Wow, how disappointing to hear. Ok, I will move on from Bose altogether. 

belmontkiter
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

@Jason_G

FYI The Jabra Elite Sport Wireless earbuds do not suffer from the lag issue that plagues the SoundSport Free.  I returned mine for this reason.  

Blue > Black....so if this gets fixed relatively soon you can earn the sale back.