Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davvid
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Re: Updated 12/7: SoundSport Free Audio/Video Delay

I have a new Note 8. Are Android also having this problem? I really wanted a pair of these and almost bought them today, until I came home and saw these reviews.
Thanks
nihal_rege
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Just updated my Bose Sounsport Free to the latest firmware (1.3.2). There is still an audio delay in YouTube. All other apps (Netflix, Prime Vedio) work perfectly.

Could you please assist? Thanks

ddude003
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Have latest soundsport free wireless drivers...  Things seem to work fine on my iphone 5 & 7 and macbook pro and built asus pc...  Not working as expected on asus laptop...  Not connecting to headphone stereo...  pc and laptop are both running windoz10...  All wondoz10 on both up to date...  All bluetooth drivers are up to date...

I did a little deep dive...  The smell comes from the laptop having an intel bluetooth uart...  The asus built pc having a qualcom bluetooth uart...  The mac has a broadcom bluetooth uart and who know about the iphones...

Sup might want to talk to Devo about this...

Cordially...

Akodali
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

I’m having the same issue too, I got them yesterday used it for awhile then updated it after looking at the threads but the issue still exists in 1.3.2. Also I’m noticing a lag from when the volume is changed or if it’s paused or played to the buds.
nihal_rege
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

They would probably fix this in the next update im hoping. All other apps work just fine. Maybe its a problem in the YouTube app. Waiting for the next update for that app too. Hope Bose is paying attention to these problems though.

Max.Cong
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

My headphones is【Bose SoundSport Free】, Updated 12/7 (Version : 1.3.2),  Watch the Video or Audio or Game delay yet~

12/7 update do nothing ?

on iphone 7 plus and macbook pro retina 15'' 2012

swadeepc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Hi. I have updated to the latest firmware already but I'm still getting audio delay when watching videos on YouTube and Netflix. I am using Google Pixel 2 XL. I tested with Apple Airpods and there's no delay at all. This is quite disappointing from Bose. Can you confirm if this issue will be fixed otherwise i may have to try and cut loss and sell it.

Please do reply.

Thanks

Swadeep

Flash_C4
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Bose has been quiet since the last update that didn’t fix anything. I now have another issue with my charging case. It will not stay closed and it looks like the tiny tab that is supposed to latch them shut is gone. The rest of the latch post is there but it’s like the end has broken off. I’ve got no idea how that would of happened since the case is either in my pocket or sitting on my desk at work when I plug it in to charge. Just something else I’m going to have to deal with as far as the warranty goes.
Neverwinter9
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

My personal guess is that we should stop struggling on this. The product is broken since the day 1 and the Bose don't not even bother themselves to update the customers with a new info. I love my QC 35 even they still have software issues they don't overlap the advantages. But here is the out of the ordinary case in my opinion. We should demonstrate them that conscious release of the broken stillborn product was a mistake.

travelentrep
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Bose's lack of response here is both deeply saddening and enraging. We are all loyal clients who paid a substantial amount of money for these earbuds, and we are all miserably unhappy.

Bose was known for so many years as the Ferrari of sounds and headsets, yet this is clearly driving so many of us away. I for one, have been a die-hard Bose fan for many years, but will now NEVER touch Bose again. It is one thing creating a product that flopped and admitting to it, and another to simply ignore a forum like this where hundreds of frustrated clients are full of complaints. 

I have been using the SoundSport Free buds for 2 weeks now, and it has been a miserable experience:

• The famous audio/video sync issue.
  • Crackling sound quality.
  • Complete loss of audio when the Bluetooth source is even slightly covered (my Pixel 2 XL was in my briefcase open side pocket, and the audio cut off altogether).
  • Buttons are literally a struggle to press.
  • Google Assistant button does not work 8 out 10 times. 

A $25 headset works better than this! Shame on you Bose! 

I bet you that Bang & Olufsen, Solos, Sennheiser will NEVER treat their clients this way!