Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Upgraded QC35's?

@tarund wrote:

Caught this video on YouTube of Bose QC45. They definitely look different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlydD-WQix0

I saw those in Bangkok last year,  They are definately fake.  A couple of giveaways are the box and bose label, they stated inbuilt am/fm radio and they looked suspiciously like another brand of headphones (Either B+W or B+O can't remember which) with a bose label on them.  They are generally next to the Beats pill with the Bose label and the Bose "SoundLike Mini"

Image result for bose qc45

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Definitely too ugly to be real. The packaging looks like it was designed on the back streets of Kowloon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Any news about the upgraded/leaked QC35s? Thinking about ordering a pair, but worried a new version will be released soon. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Any news about the upgraded/leaked QC35s? Thinking about ordering a pair, but worried a new version will be released soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Confirmed to be launching with Google Assistant, I would expect the announcement on 4 October together when the new Google Pixel phones.

Edit: product video has leaked too now https://youtu.be/UM4nQJUp_cw

"Exclusive: Bose’s upcoming ‘QuietComfort 35 II’ are a pair of Google Assistant-enabled ‘bisto’ headphones | 9to5Google" https://9to5google.com/2017/09/14/exclusive-bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-bisto-google-assistant/
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

Did Bose add AptX Low-Latency support?  I'd love to buy a pair to watch TV/listen to music at night (I'm a happy QC-15 user but don't want a wire across the room). However, a 1/2 second lipsync delay when watching TV is just a non-starter. 

If nobody knows, I suppose I can wait until October 4 to make a decision.

I hope Bose was able to overcome the "not invented here" syndrome.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Where does the half second delay come from? I use my qc35 for gaming over BT and never noticed some sort of delay. And I am usually very sensible when it comes to audio delay.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

The delay comes from the conversion/BT encoding at the transmitter (which Bose has no control over) and decoding-to-audio at the receiver (which they can control), and the audio processing/noise shaping performed in the headset. Your gaming system may be compensating for that by synchronizing and delaying the video, and I believe Apple devices also do that -- but for sources that don't have built-in Bluetooth transmitters (like just about all TVs except LGs), where I have to add an outboard transmitter, it's painfully obvious. The lips move, and then the sound follows.

There are numerous reviews on Amazon (and mentions in this forum) citing the the 400-500 millisecond delay in the original QC-35 -- even from gamers, presumably using a different gaming system than you are. One fix is to use Qualcomm's AptX codec, which has a "low latency" (LL) mode specifically for this that processes the signal very quickly and reduces the delay to 40ms.  I have an LG TV with built-in bluetooth (but not AptX-LL), and I use that with an AptX-LL capable receiver that I plug earbuds into -- there is still a delay but it's tolerable. On my BT-less Sony TV, I use a separate AptX-LL transmitter connected to the headphone jack and, with the same BT receiver, there's no delay -- even though it's encoding analog audio, which should take even more time than transcoding an already digital signal.

Since Bose uses their own codec, I was hopeful that latency is something that they're working to improve in this new generation. But if they don't support AptX-LL, and are at the mercy of whatever codec they do share with the source, the only fix is to improve processing time in the headset electronics. Or maybe sell a sepate low-latency transmitter for non-Bluetooth devices.

I was looking at the Sony headphones in the same price range that support AptX and they're rated just under the original QC-35 by Consumer Reports for sound quality. Since neither has replacable batteries (which would give the Sony an advantage), based on my experience with the QC-15s, I'd really prefer the QC-35s.

I guess I'll have to wait for reviews of the updated version.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

I have an Alienware 13 R3 Notebook, which has the Killer 1535 Wifi/BT 4.2 combo. Maybe that's already lag-reducing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

I am a novice on all of this Bluetooth technology so hopefully someone can explain why I get the lag in my setup. I have a set of Roland electronic drums running thru a Mackie mixer along with an MP3 player for practicing. I purchased a low legacy transmitter to run off my headphone jack on the mixer. Wired headphones have no delay but when I use my Bose 35ii the drums are delayed almost a half second to my music. I don’t understand if both inputs (drums and mp3) go in at the same time why only 1 is delayed coming out? I have used these phones off a transmitter I set up on my TV surround sound and they work fine. Anyone have a suggestion on a fix or at least an explanation on why this is? Thanks....