Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Using QC35 for gaming on PS4 and Xbox and Xbox One

Hello.  My goal is to have my QC 35 working as my console gaming headset where I can hear game audio, friends voice audio, as well as have my microphone able to communicate to others.  I know the QC 35 bluetooth mic cannot be used for Xbox One or PS4 chat.  I want to know if there is a way to make this happen via a wired 3.5mm connection to my video game controllers?   I was told that I could purchase the Bose cable that comes with QC 25 (the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable w/ microphone) and it would work for PS4 for my QC 35.  For Xbox One, I was told I'd need to additionally purchase the Xbox One stereo headset adapter and then the Bose mic cable that comes with QC 25 would work for my QC 35.  Does anyone here have experience with this?  For both Playstation 4 and Xbox One S.  I'm seeing such contradictory information on this from Internet.  Hoping someone here can give me some guidance.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Using QC35 for gaming on PS4 and Xbox One

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Everyone,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate everyone contributing to this thread and wanted you to know that we did some testing and created a chart that could help. It's for the QC35, but it should apply to the QC35II also.

QC35 and Game Console Compatibility

If anyone has any experiences that they want to share using our headphones on their system, we encourage you to post them here, and we will update our chart.

Warm Regards,
Tony G - Community Support

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Great question ChicagoBHawks!

We have heard of some users having success with this method. Any gamers out there try it and want to chime in?

Let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

I was not able to get my QC35 to work and hear my Xbox One when connected via the 2.5/3.5mm cable which came with them.

I saw the same conflicting information on the Internet and thought I would just take the plunge.

I bought the Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and it was able to then work with the 2.5/3.5mm which came with the QC35, obviously that cable doesn't have a Mic but just a bit of information that I have to hopefully help.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

You probably know the answer by now, but I just want to confirm that the Bose QC35 works great with my ps4. Bought a cable to connect headphones with ps4 controller (could only find one that had 3.5mm on both ends and had mic so bought an adapter for 3.5 to 2.5mm) this solution works.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2017

Hey, can you please tell which cable you got?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Slacker Eugene

This one is working for me with my Xbox One.

QuietComfort® 25 headphones inline mic/remote cable – Apple devices

Sorry - I can't tell you about the PS4. Don't have one of those.

ST

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 17, 2017

Really, the Apple version?  I thought Microsoft Xbox One used the Android standard cable?  I had a cheap 2.5 to 3.5 android cable with inline mic that worked with my OE SoundLinks and XboxOne Controller, but would not work with QC35s.  I bought the Bose Android Cable, comparable to the Apple cable referenced above.  OE SoundLinks still work fine with Xbox, but QC35s dont.  The cable works with QC35s on other devices.  Further, if I plug the OE SoundLinks in first, then switch to the QC35s, they WILL work with the Xbox controller.  This leads me to belive that Xbox is somehow detecting and disabling certian headsets, although I'm not sure how that would work as this seems like a pretty simple connection and doesn't involve bluetooth or anything.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Karl-D,

I found a couple of articles

I'm not surprised that the QC25 Samsung (Android) cable isn't working for you, but I'm puzzled that the Xbox controller does this, "OE SoundLinks in first, then switch to the QC35s". Maybe they are doing something intelligent inside the controller.

ST

That's really interesting that connection to the XBox One controller work

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2017

Very Easy...actually Bose headphone can connect PS4.

1.Go to PS4 -Settings

2.Plug in your cable to the PS4 controller.

3.Go to- Devices.

4.Go to-Audio Devices.

5.Output to Headphones -change to All Audio.

*I just using the BOSE SoundLink,

and i also using the original cable from Bose.