Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Using the Multi-function Button on YouTube

Hello, 

I used to be able to change tracks on YouTube by double pressing the multi-function button to track forward and triple pressing to track back. Now the only function that works with YouTube is pressing once to play/pause. I’ve tried changing tracks with my headphones on my MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.5), iPad Mini, and on a Samsung phone (Samsung Galaxy On5) and it doesn’t work with those devices either. However, all three functions (play/pause, tracking forward, and tracking back) all work on my MacBook and iPad when using iTunes.

I’m using Bose® SoundLink® around-ear wireless headphones II and have had the latest Bose Updater Version 2.2.9 installed for some time.

I apologize if this question has been addressed elsewhere.

Other than this I am completely satisfied with these headphones! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Using the Multi-function Button on YouTube

delea358

Thanks for posting. That is an interesting one. I would say if the button is working as it should for iTunes then the button is physically working. Would it be possible for you to try it with other applications like Spotify? That would help to rules out if it was a change on youtubes side that might be causing the issue.

Please come back and update us when you can.

Tony

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Re: Using the Multi-function Button on YouTube

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for your response. 

Yes, I can also see that it's not an issue with the buttons themselves. I don't use Spotify, but I tried again and I was able to skip forward and re-start tracks using the multi-function buttons on the YouTube app on my phone. I might download ControllerMate to be able to do this on my MacBook, since I can't seem to be able to find a solution through Bose, YouTube, or my MacBook. 

Best! Smiley Happy