rghouser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Want to plug Bose headphones into 1/4" headphone jack

I have a set of Bose sound-canceling headphones. My piano has a 1/4" headphone jack. I want to plug the headphones into the piano. I need an adapter so that my 3.5mm Bose headphones can plug into a 1/4" jack. I bought an adapter with a 3.5mm female and a 1/4" male, but my headphones cable won't fit into the 3.5mm female end of the adapter. So, is there an adapter that lets you plug a Bose headphone cable into a 1/4" jack, or is there a cable that I can use with my headphones that has a standard 3.5mm end on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rghouser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Re: Want to plug Bose headphones into 1/4" headphone jack

Author Accepted Answer selected by rghouser

You were absolutely right - I had purchased the correct adapter. I just simply had not pushed hard enough to get the 3.5mm male end to go into the adapter. I pushed a little harder and the Bose cable fit into the adapter, and then I was able to plug the 1/4" end into my piano and the Bose headphones worked great. Thanks for letting me know that I had the right adapter.

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

You purchased the correct adapter 1/4 male on one end and 3.5mm female on the other.  I am a composer and musician with lots of 1/4 inch equipment (like amps and mixers).  That is what you want and need.  Perhaps you tried the wrong end of the QC35 cable.  If you purchased accurately, you have the correct product.  There has got to be a gazzilion of these adapters for purchase on ebay or amazon.  In fact, you can easy also get one at any retail music store that sells instruments or audio equipment.

rghouser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by rghouser

You were absolutely right - I had purchased the correct adapter. I just simply had not pushed hard enough to get the 3.5mm male end to go into the adapter. I pushed a little harder and the Bose cable fit into the adapter, and then I was able to plug the 1/4" end into my piano and the Bose headphones worked great. Thanks for letting me know that I had the right adapter.