Drinkajc
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Was only charging to 60% so updated to 4.5.2 now will only charge to 50%? I just got these?

I called Bose today and they helped update my headphones to the 4.5.2 software but now I left the headphones plugged in and instead of charging to 60% they only charge to 50%? I am extremely disappointed. I have a Bose wave radio, and a Bose mini speaker, so far I am not impressed with these headphones. 

5 REPLIES 5
Dr.Sadik
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

Re: Was only charging to 60% so updated to 4.5.2 now will only charge to 50%? I just got these?

I wanted to try the new frame ware update by myself. Even I heard bad rumors warning from upgrading.

unfortunately it was true, there was no noice canceling difference between high and low. Also there is less volume for some reason. surprisingly the cabin pressure sensation is less with high  ANC. BUT IT REALLY CAUSE ME EAR PAIN ! I really noticed ear pain for couple of minutes then switched to low ANC.   

I really want BOSE TO reverse the degradation with an update! 
please Bose don’t be like Apple and do updates that slow the iPhone .

Charlotte_G

Re: Was only charging to 60% so updated to 4.5.2 now will only charge to 50%? I just got these?

Hello Drinkajc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing charging issues with your QC35 II's. This is certainly not expected behavior for new headphones and I'd love to see what I can do to help.

First, please could you reset your headphones. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

When performing the update, did you do this through the Bose Connect app or via the online updater? If the app, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer to ensure that the update was installed without errors.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the charging behavior has improved.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Drinkajc
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Can you tell me what comes with the headphones? In the box I received no instructions which I thought was weird? Just two very short cables which I do have an outlet in a wall which has a usb plug. These came with no actual plug box? So if that is the issue then I think I was duped. I spent over $400 on someone’s return. 

Charlotte_G

Hello Drinkajc,

In the box you get the following:

• Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II
  • Carry case
  • USB cable
  • 3.5 mm audio cable

They do not come with an AC plug but you can use any 1A plug which is generally the standard. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Drinkajc
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I figured out what the problem was with the head phones and thought I would share incase anyone else had this issue. I was charging the headphones in the same spot I charge my iPhone so I have no clue why my iPhone charges fully but the headphones would not? I went to my car plugged them into an outlet in the car and they fully charged. It has to do with the outlet. My suggestion is Bose should provide an actual box and a longer cable for these. I returned because I do not want to be stuck somewhere and not know if they will charge fully or not depending where I plug them in.