Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

What is expected noise cancellation of QC35?

Hi

I recieved QC35 today, but it seems my expectations regarding ANC were too high.

In example, if my colleague is sitting next to me and talking on Skype, I will be able to hear every word if the music is not playing on the headphones (but they are on). If the music is playing, I won't understand the words, but will still hear the voice (unless I increase the volume high). Another example: a colleague just dropped her keys on the floor, and I was able to hear the sound even though (gentle) music is playing on my headphones.

Is this normal/expected? Or did I recieve a faulty unit?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: What is expected noise cancellation of QC35?

Author Accepted Answer selected by srg_ b

Hi srg_b!

Congratulations on your QC35s!  Thanks for posting in the community.  Based off of what you're describing I believe that sounds normal and your headphones are functioning as expected.  The ANC experience varies from user to user as the headphones block out various frequencies and are engineered to excel with the lower frequencies such as wind etc.  

I hope this helped you and let me know if you need anything else.

Have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by srg_ b

Hi srg_b!

Congratulations on your QC35s!  Thanks for posting in the community.  Based off of what you're describing I believe that sounds normal and your headphones are functioning as expected.  The ANC experience varies from user to user as the headphones block out various frequencies and are engineered to excel with the lower frequencies such as wind etc.  

I hope this helped you and let me know if you need anything else.

Have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Noise cancellation is most effective in environments with lots of low-frequency sound (planes, subway, buses, etc.). It’s combined with passive blocking of the ear cups and cushions to reduce sound at all frequencies. No combination of passive and active technologies reducing sound entering your ear can make sounds with higher-frequencies, particularly at voice frequencies, completely inaudible. I've noticed even slight repositioning of my QCs on my ears goes a long way to keep out noises that can't be actively cancelled.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Thanks!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

You can also change the level of active noise cancellation through the bose app. You can even turn it off.