cvalentiner7
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

What is "LE-Bose QC35 II" as opposed to "Bose QC35 II"

Hi,

I have been trying to solve the missing sidetone thing on my brand new QC35 II on an iPhone 6s. Fiddling with both the headset, the Bose Connect App and the iPhone, I suddenly got the prompt to connect a second Bluetooth connection, both of which are active at the same time to the same set of QC35s. See attached photo.

Can anyone explain what this is? And might it solve the sidetone thing?

Thx

Christian

Image-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What is "LE-Bose QC35 II" as opposed to "Bose QC35 II"

Hey Christian!  

Thank you so much for posting in the community!  That's a great question. So the reason why there are two options for your headphones are because there are two options for which Bluetooth profile to use.  The LE just stands for Low Energy.  Low Energy BT is basically just the exact same connection but is engineered to consume less power and be more efficient.

I hope this helped answer your question!

Have a wonderful night and take care,

Shiloh_C 

cvalentiner7
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

OK, thanks, but how do I get it to connect to the Low Energy version? If I remove the other one (not LE), then I lose connection with the headset...

And, is there any functionality I lose by using LE? 

C

James_S
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Without the LE connection, connecting the headset to the phone might take a bit longer as there wont be a low-energy hand-shake already make between the two.

cvalentiner7
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

OK, thanks, @James_S

However, it seems it only tries to connect - and connects - with the normal profile. I can manually connect the LE in parallel, but it seems not to give the benefit you're describing, then?

Highlighted
ebaerwald
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Just a side note regarding the two connections.  My headphones had intermittent dropouts until I removed the LE connection.  Now they work fine with only the one connection.