cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

What is with the TRASH tech in Wireless Free? I loved Bose...

I LOVED BOSE. I go out of my way to own bose everything. I’ve never had better sounding or (more importantly) better FITTING earbuds ever. Compared to apples joke earphones with their 1 size fits nobody – fall out of your ear – disgrace… Bose is heaven,

I own Soundsport , Soundsport Wireless, and when I saw  Free I was IMEDIATELY IN. I would have paid $500 bucks for these. The cast, the fit, its all so perfect…. And then… I got them.

The Bluetooth is LESS advanced:

It has MORE connection issues that my Soundsport Wireless.

The LEFT earbud shorts out constantly.

There is freaking DELAY on videos..what is this 2002?!?

Only one earbud works on phone calls?!!!?

Only one earbud works on my PC???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Customer support says these things are NORMAL?!?!?!?!

That it’s a FEATURE to have only one earbud work? That its part of the TECH?

Why is apple, the worst company ever, able to produce wireless headphones that connect indepdantly and work flawlessly (minus the laughable fit)….and my $250 bose feel like $10 walmart brand !?!?

Is this going to be fixed?!?!!

3 REPLIES 3
Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Re: What is with the TRASH tech in Wireless Free? I loved Bose...

Not a single response. 

Call tech support.

I am told "THEY ARENT DESIGNED FOR VIDEO ONLY WORKING OUT" ...what a load of crap.

Cut corners and charge me an arm and a leg???

elguapo
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

All of the issues mentioned above:

It has MORE connection issues that my Soundsport Wireless.

The LEFT earbud shorts out constantly.

There is freaking DELAY on videos..what is this 2002?!?

Only one earbud works on phone calls?!!!?

Only one earbud works on my PC???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Are going to put Apple at the top, they nailed it with their Airpods. Not to mention that Bose is not acknowledging this issue. The moderator of the forum suggested 19th Century fixes, makes sure to place your smart device in the right side of your body, not on your left. Make sure your smart device is not too far from you.. and on and on. 

They should also advertise that these earbuds aren't intended for watching videos, frequent left earbuds short out constantly, that way customers do not set the expectations very high as I have in the past.

What pile of non-sense. For now I am returning mine until they fix this issue. I am done buying Bose, considering buying a pair of Airpods

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello there Tierdal,

Sorry to hear about your experience! We see that you had some issues with your headset and understand why you would be upset. We definitely want to help you here. 

For the most up to date information relating to audio synchronization delays while watching select videos, please refer to this thread HERE. 

You mentioned you had issues with your left earbud disconnecting, please try clearing the paired device list from your headset and source device and try to reestablish the Bluetooth connection. Should the issue persists, we recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support and they will discuss your available options. 

Feel free to start a new topic if there is anything else you would like to discuss that way it is visible to the entire community! To ensure that all of our users and members of the community can easily locate our thread regarding the audio/video delay, we will be closing this thread. 

Thank you

Mohsin