Eyal From NY
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

What’s changed with QC35 version new Firmware 2.5.5

My app notifies me about new version for my QC35. I updated it from 2.5.3 to the new 2.5.5.
Can someone tell me where I can find the release notes or what they think changed since 2.5.3?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thebackupninja
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35 version new Firmware 2.5.5

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Mohsin_S

Found this posted by a moderator about an hour ago:

On Friday, January 18, 2019, we are releasing new firmware for QC35 Series I wireless headphones. This update is available through the Bose Connect App, the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) and will be cut into manufacturing at a future date.

Release notes:

QC35 Series I:

• Improvement to the connection/disconnection and low battery tone volumes
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Product                         Previous Firmware Versions               New Firmware Versions

QC35 Series I                             2.5.3                                                    2.5.5

8 REPLIES 8
thebackupninja
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Mohsin_S

Found this posted by a moderator about an hour ago:

On Friday, January 18, 2019, we are releasing new firmware for QC35 Series I wireless headphones. This update is available through the Bose Connect App, the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) and will be cut into manufacturing at a future date.

Release notes:

QC35 Series I:

• Improvement to the connection/disconnection and low battery tone volumes
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Product                         Previous Firmware Versions               New Firmware Versions

QC35 Series I                             2.5.3                                                    2.5.5

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I hope Bose here or elsewhere explaining this in a bit more detail.

1. "Improvement to the connection/disconnection" - way too vague to tell us what specifically did they improve

2. "Bug fixes and improvements" - that tells us nothing

MikePow
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 19, 2018

I'm actually afraid of these "improvements" after I had to return my pair after the last "improvement" randomly turned them on by themselves.  I really hope they tested this one first

Warp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

We really appreciate that you taking care of your product, firmware update are usually synonym of improvement. But please, let us know what is going on, just a simple patch note!
wfs_30
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Boa noite, há tempos que meu cancelamento de ruído parou. Achei que esta atualização resolveria. Oque fazer? Como procedo?

Hello wfs_30! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty. For troubleshooting in your native language please contact your local Customer Support. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us". 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

FreshP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

So... I have QC-35's running 1.51 ... should I upgrade to the latest or keep 1.51?  Wish release notes were not so dumbed down... please assume we are tech's and give us the engineering release notes.

Highlighted

Hey everybody,

We appreciate you all for writing here. We feel that the question asked according to the topic headline has been answered by a user earlier. Here's the link to the release notes for your convenience. This is the information we have available and can provide to you. To avoid this thread going further off topic, we will close it. Those of you running into different issues, creating a new topic will be the best way to get the help you need. 

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day. 

Mohsin