El_Cantu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

When running/walking, the left earbud keeps dropping connection.

its 2019 and this has been an on going issue still? since 2017, i cant even work out and the left bud keeps on cutting off and on i just bout this like a week and a have ago, should i just go return them. i love them when they are working but working outside the house, working out and just today i was just sitting down and it was cutting off. is there a solution or should i return them?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When running/walking, the left earbud keeps dropping connection.

Hello El_Cantu

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headphones 

Can you confirm are you referring to the Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones? 
Also can you clarify if you have performed any troubleshooting steps already?

Soon as you can provide some more information, I will be able to assist you and hopefully find you a solution to the issue! 

I will look forward to hear from you, 

Kind regards 
Liam G - Community Support

El_Cantu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

yea sorry it is the Soundsport Free Wireless earbuds and yea i have been going through this site and did all the steps, first of all i just got them so i should have the latest on the app but i still cleared my pairing list and start with a fresh connection.

Hello El_Cantu, 

Thank you for getting back in touch so quickly, 

I would recommend you try these steps 

If the Left earbud is losing sound: 

• Place both earbuds in the charging case until they magnetically snap into place, and the charging indicators blinks white. Then, remove earbuds
  • Try a different source or streaming service
  • Try connecting to a different mobile device
  • On your mobile device, turn the Bluetooth feature off and then on
  • Delete your Bose® SoundSport® Free wireless headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. Then connect again

If the Left earbud is losing connection completely:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Try these steps and let me know how you get on, even if the steps don't resolve the issue. I will further assist you. 

I will look forward to hear from you
​​​​​​​

All the best 

​​​​​​​Liam G
​​​​​​​

El_Cantu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

so in other words there are sitll steps looking for a solution? ive been reading this since 2017 and only thing that has been improving is the steps.. **bleep** dont get me wrong i love how they sound i watch movies on my mobile device and hear music but with that issue is just getting annoyin. im really thinking in taking this back unless there is a fix. sorry but thanks. 

The next step would be trying the update again with by using our updater system rather than the app. 

I would recommend updating your Soundsports by using our Bose Updater, you can reach the website by clicking Here

I understand that you're frustrated and they are a great product and having an issue like this can get annoying. 

If you're still having issues after this, then I would recommend that you contact your local techincal support team, 
For contact details you can find them Here. Select your region and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us" 

I do hope this helps, 

All the best

Liam G