Highlighted
BoBoSound
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Why no Boom MIC?

Why is there not an alternate version of the QC35 II with a good quality boom mic? Yes, I know there is a mic on the earcup. However, these never work as well as a boom mic that is right in front of the users' mouth. So much better sound quality and noise reduction can be done for phone calls. I used a headset ALL day long for work (need that boom mic) and then also often at night for leisure. I do not want a wired headset.

I know it isn't as sexy to have the boom mic ... but some of us care more about the function of the device. Feel free to send me a demo unit if you ever want to serve this market. There is literally 0 headphones that offer over ear comfort, bluetooth, lithium ion, active noise cancelling, wired connection available but not needed and not permanantely attached, and a quality boom mic. Please keep price under $500. I am hoping that adding a boom mic doesn't bring this into the category of your A20 avionics line ... which still has the wire attached at $1000, by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BoBoSound
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Re: Why no Boom MIC?

Author Accepted Answer selected by BoBoSound
Yeah, like you said, the aviation headsets are way expensive and still are not wire-less. They have Bluetooth with a wire and dongle connected which defeats part of the core purpose. I mentioned the A20 in my earlier post and that is the highest aviation headset.

Yes, it would be a cool design to have it so you can add-on or remove a boom mic. In that light, I am not asking for that much of a different headset. Just go off of the latest model (QC 35). I would pay $100 extra. That isn't enough to make that extra feature marketable to all the people in well paying jobs who are on phone calls ALL day?
2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

You probably already know this (I do not work for bose) - but I am guessing that Bose (being in the business of making money) - does not see a lower end consumer market for BT headphones with boom mics.  Probably because they have aviation headsets that sort of address that need (though not at your price point and not BT).

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/aviation_headsets.html

I would think all you can 'hope for' in the next generation product from Bose is a headset with a mic input connector so you can purchase a compatible third party boom mic.

BoBoSound
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by BoBoSound
Yeah, like you said, the aviation headsets are way expensive and still are not wire-less. They have Bluetooth with a wire and dongle connected which defeats part of the core purpose. I mentioned the A20 in my earlier post and that is the highest aviation headset.

Yes, it would be a cool design to have it so you can add-on or remove a boom mic. In that light, I am not asking for that much of a different headset. Just go off of the latest model (QC 35). I would pay $100 extra. That isn't enough to make that extra feature marketable to all the people in well paying jobs who are on phone calls ALL day?