Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Re: Windows 10 notification sound interrupt calls audio and mic (on skype) - any solution?

I would not call it a solution unless you use QC35 only for skype. Headset mode is useless for listening to music since it is both bad quality and enables sidetone.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

Re: Windows 10 notification sound interrupt calls audio and mic (on skype) - any solution?

Oh I have been on a call this entire time, just listened to a song and its horrible.  Dang!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Works brilliant. Thanks for solving a long time pain 🙂

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

I've been reading through this today ad I just got the 35 Series II. I am still testing this, but Right click on your sound icon and open recording or playback devices. Go to the communications tab and set it to mute all other sounds. Hope this helps!

image.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

This solution is NOT working for me.  i did as instructed and i am still getting interrupted Skype calls with any and all notificaitons.  Can someone help me please?

@graemebiggs wrote:

I've been reading through this today ad I just got the 35 Series II. I am still testing this, but Right click on your sound icon and open recording or playback devices. Go to the communications tab and set it to mute all other sounds. Hope this helps!

image.png

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hi All,

I know I am a late starter to this thread, but I have the same experience, and I am convinced its not a Windows 10 issue, but how Bose handles multiple inputs.

I have my QC35 connected to my Pixel Phone and my PC. So while I am on a call via Skype on my Windows 10 PC, a notification came in on my Pixel, and it blocked out all the audio on my headset for a good three to four seconds, essentially recreating the same problem everyone is talking about here.

I believe this might be a firmware issue in the headphones in handling multiple input streams, and not the source itself.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

This is a Bose issue. I’ve used Bluetooth headphones with skype on a win10 machine for years and have only had this problem with Bose.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

This is not a windows issue. I have 3 other Bluetooth headphones that have no problem handling these notifications.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

We are saying the same thing my friend, I just said it was a firmware in the hardware issue, it is not a Windows issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

+1 Here,  I have the same issue.  For now I'm going to return my QC 30's since it's very annoying to have these interruptions during a call.  My good old plantronic's did not have this issue.