Highlighted
DanRNeumann
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Re: Windows 10 notification sound interrupt calls audio and mic (on skype) - any solution?

This is most definitely NOT solved. I tried the "solution" of muting all system sounds when in a call and the QC 35 audio from a Skype participant drops out when I get an alert from Windows 10. It's rendered the headphones useless for Skype calls. 

Highlighted
DanRNeumann
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Re: Windows 10 notification sound interrupt calls audio and mic (on skype) - any solution?

I think I found this solution, and it seems like an actual solution, versus a work-around that turns off other sounds. From http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2838926/bluetooth-speaker-cuts.html:

"There is a simpler solution than disabling other sound devices. Had the same problem with BlueTooth on a Win10 laptop. Resolved by making my BlueTooth speaker the default sound device. With the BlueTooth device on, go into the Control Panel, select "Hardware and Sound", under Sound select "Manage Audio Devices". You will get a window with a list of devices in the Playback tab. Select the BT device (it will show as Headphones). The default device will be indicated by a check mark in a green circle. At the bottom of the window is a dropdown control labeled "Set Default". Click on that and choose Default Device, then OK and you are done. When the BT device is turned off sound will go to your built in speakers. Turn on the BT device and the sound will be routed there. No cutoffs. "

I tried it and so far it seems to work. I suppose it is a "workaround" of sorts, but at least it doesn't depend on manual intervention each time.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey there!

Thank you for sharing that, that's a neat tip!  I'm sure that will help other users as well.

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
markvaneijken
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

I agree, this is certainly not solved! It must be an Bose CQ35 (II) issue because tests with another bluetooth headset I'm not experiencing any issues (It's one of the other 2 most populair NC headsets).

I've tried all provided work-arrounds, but none are working for me.

Currently I'm strongly considering to return my Bose CQ35 II in favour of the other headset. This issue is reported almost a year ago and still exists, I would expect that Bose has fixed it by now.

Highlighted
graemebiggs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

The solution I posted works perfectly for me using windows 10 while connected to another device as well. Not sure what is going on with the rest of you. Of course, there is another simple option that you would have to do any time you don't want notification sounds. Turn on quiet hours and you won't get any audio notifications. 

Highlighted
qbast
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

It sounds like a solution for a completely different problem. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi all,

Thank you all for contributing to the discussion!  For anybody who is experiencing this issue, I would like to suggest that you just make sure that your Bluetooth drivers are updated on your computers, & have the most updated OS and Skype versions. 

markvaneijken,

I'm curious - what is the other headset that you are using?  Do you know if it uses the A2DP profile?  If it does not, this would explain the issue.  And what OS version are you using on your PC?  

Thanks again and take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
markvaneijken
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2018

Hi Shiloh,

The other headset I'm using is the Sony WH -1000XM2. It had the same profiles as the Bose is using. See screenshots attached (now connected to the Bose):

2018-02-01 23_12_34-Sound.png2018-02-01 23_13_28-Sound.png

I'm using Windows 10, the latest build. 

I understand that we have to update Skype, drivers, ect. But in my case I can assure you that I have all most recent versions on my PC currently. The Sony isn't having the same issue.

But, you are asking to update all drivers. Are you having a different experience regarding what others are experiencing in Skype for Business? If so, could you please share your experience, settings ect?

Regards,

Mark

Highlighted
Liroy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Hi I'm afraid I have the same issue and non of the workarounds above solves it.

i have the QC 35 II connected to both my mobile and windows 10 comupter,
as part of my work I have a lot of calls using skype and skype for business on my computer.

any notification i get on my mobile or inside windows, is interupting and blocking the call.