Highlighted
JamesJW
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Wireless SoundSport left ear not working

Hi all,

The left headphone of my Bose wireless soundsport has suddenly gone extremely quiet, they're only a year old. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Really disappointed for a pair of £140 headphones.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Wireless SoundSport left ear not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg_B

@Cordearo thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. If you notice the left earbud turning off, try pressing the Bluetooth button to wake it. If this does not help, the left earbud battery may be fully drained. To check this:

1. Place the left earbud into the charging case for one minute, allowing it to charge (make sure the charging case also has a charge). 

2. After it has charged for a minute or more, remove the left earbud and see if it reconnects.

3. If it reconnects, open the Bose Connect app on your mobile device to check the battery percentage.

If the battery percentage is low (close to zero), we have verified that the left earbud's battery is depleted and needs charging. 

If this does not help or improve, I recommend that you contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi JamesJW

Thanks for posting. That is unusual behavior. Could we try rebooting the headphones?

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could please give that a try and let us know?

Have a great day!

Tony

Highlighted
JamesJW
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately this has not worked and the left headphone is still extremely quiet, is there anything else I can do?

Thank
James
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi JamesJW

Thanks for responding. I would definitely contact your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us" 

Tony

Highlighted
DanGanGalaxy
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

I know it sounds like a simple solution, but have you tried cleaning them? I had the same problem with mine, but all I had to do was get the wax out and they worked good as new! (I actually accidentally broke the mesh because I didn't know what I was doing at first, so... do some research first XD)

Highlighted
Cordearo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

I actually just got my pair last week. And the sound in the left ear and the left ear only goes in and out. Then sometimes does not work at all when i first oull it out of the case,

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg_B

@Cordearo thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. If you notice the left earbud turning off, try pressing the Bluetooth button to wake it. If this does not help, the left earbud battery may be fully drained. To check this:

1. Place the left earbud into the charging case for one minute, allowing it to charge (make sure the charging case also has a charge). 

2. After it has charged for a minute or more, remove the left earbud and see if it reconnects.

3. If it reconnects, open the Bose Connect app on your mobile device to check the battery percentage.

If the battery percentage is low (close to zero), we have verified that the left earbud's battery is depleted and needs charging. 

If this does not help or improve, I recommend that you contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Shlida65
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2018

My sports are 1 week old and yes I seem to have the same problem
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Shlida65 Hello, sorry to hear that. Can you confirm that you tried the troubleshooting as mentioned above? Please let us know.

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Highlighted
ranvirjatar@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

I have the same problem, only the right speaker is quieter than the left. My headphones are a little over a year old.