Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Wireless Soundline AE2 Headphones cannot be paired with my Windows 7 PC

I have installed the latest drivers, but when my PC attempts to find the headphones while they are blinking blue in pairing mode, it cannot find them / connect to them.

I am on Windows 7: Home Premium. Any ideas why this issue might be occuring?

Thanks!

-Kaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kaz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Re: Wireless Soundline AE2 Headphones cannot be paired with my Windows 7 PC

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kaz

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately none of the bluethooth dongles I purchased worked, so I ended up returning the headphones and exchanged them for something that just worked straight out of the box.

I'll mark this post as solved.

-Kaz 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kaz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

I have confirmed that the headphones at least work as they can connect to my iphone bluetooth, no problem. No idea why they don't show up on my PC... Even when I directly connect the headphones using the mic cable, they do not get recognized by my laptop as headphones and sound continues to come out of my PC Monitor and not the headphones. They only get recognized by my machine as an "unspecified" device in the device and printers screen when I plug it in using the micro usb, but I cannot perform any significant action related to that (i.e. there are no options associated with it in that state that lead to anything meaningful happening).

I've been banging my head trying to figure this out all day. Anyone have a clue what I could be doing wrong or additional sources I can look into? Any help at all would be appreciated. 

Kaz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Second day playing around with this head set... I noticed that it also doesn't connect to the PS4, but that's apperantly because PS4 does not support Bluetooth Audio devices. However, it sounds like there is a potential workaround if I purchase a Bluetooth Dongle:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/bluetooth-audio-devices-are-not-supported-by-the-ps4/

My new question is, could this possibly also be a work around for my Laptop? Advice from anyone with any experience in this matter at all would be welcomed.

-~-

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Kaz!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. I encourage you to take a look at our computer informational post where you can get some ideas and might find helpful.

In my personal experience, I found using external Bluetooth adapters better than the internal one in my Windows machine. If you were looking for another Bluetooth dongle suggestion, a few of our co-workers had great experiences with the Asus USB-BT400. Here is a link for more info on the adapter.

Thank you again, and let us know if there anything else you need. 

Mohsin - Community Support

Kaz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kaz

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately none of the bluethooth dongles I purchased worked, so I ended up returning the headphones and exchanged them for something that just worked straight out of the box.

I'll mark this post as solved.

-Kaz 

techtoogle
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2018

Bro If you are still facing any issues in this. Refer to this article: How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS4. I hope this article will be helpful to you!