beeping

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

beeping

I have been experiencing this lately after the update where the beep for notifications do not stop even after i've looked at my phone. then it goes on and on and the only way to get rid of it is to turn off the headphone and reset my mobile. 

any idea why this is happening and how i can resolve it?

8 REPLIES

Re: beeping

Hi jht89

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you let us know which headset you have so we can further assist you?

Thank you,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi,
I have a QC35-2

Hi @jht89,

Thanks for following up. This is interesting. May we get the make/model of the phone? Can you try clearing the headphone pairing list and try to re-pair? Also, have you managed to test the headphones with another mobile device to see you're if noticing the same thing? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

I tried to unpair and re-pair the headphones and the problem didn't go away. 

a few updates: the issue main comes when i'm on the phone, a whatsapp notification comes in and the beeping starts but i'm on another app. the beeping doesn't stop no matter what i do - even after i click and read the whatsapp message. but i found out that i don't actually have to restart the phone, i just need turn my headphones off - the beeping is stil there and now beeps from my phone and then once i turn the headphones on again, it goes away. I haven't tried pairing it with another phone. 

Hi jht89

Thanks for the update!

Does this happen with any other apps with notifications like Facebook Messenger?  

I would definitely recommend trying to test a secondary device to see if the issue is isolated to the one phone.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

is there a way i can turn off notifications coming through the earphones? just the earphones, i obviously want them on my phone. 

I don't have an issue with telegram, i don't use fb messenger on my phone. and asking me to test it a separate phone would require me to hook up to another person's whatsapp which doesn't make much sense to me. so my question is this: how can i turn off notification to the earphones?

Quiet Contributor

Also, would like to add that both whatsapp and bose app are at the latest version but the problem still exists

Hi jht89

Currently, there is no way of disabling notifications through the headset as this is tied directly to the mobile device.  Without being able to test a separate mobile device or app, we won't be able to root cause the issue.

If you feel this is an issue with the headset, I would recommend contacting your local support team by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A