jennil13
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

bose in-ear headphones cutting out

I have the Bose In-Ear Headphones, probably purchased in 2015.  Lately, I am having a lot of trouble with the headphones cutting out, even when within 3 feet of my phone.  Previously, I could be about 15 ft from my phone with no problem.  I made sure everything on my phone is updated, and I have unpaired and repaired the headphones, as well as clearing and re-installing the device.  They work fine on my husband's phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: bose in-ear headphones cutting out

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Jennil13, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a product update via Btu.bose.com as well as performing a product reset, this can be done via: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Hello Jennil13,

Welcome to the community, thank you very much for message today. I am sorry to hear that you are having some connectivity issues with your In-Ear Headphones. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information can you please inform us with which In-Ear Headphones you own? If you are unsure please take a look at this link to identify your headphones.

Could you also inform me with what mobile device you are struggling to connect to?

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
jennil13
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

When i type in the 4-digit code, it comes up as Bose in-ear headphones but that isn’t what thy look like. They look like the Soundsport wireless. I think I got them summer 2015. They are struggling with my iPhone 6 but do fine with my husband’s 6s plus.
Hector_B

Hi Jennil13,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Do the headphones have a wire between them or completely wireless? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jennil13
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Sorry. I may have misspoken before. There is a wire between them.
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Jennil13, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a product update via Btu.bose.com as well as performing a product reset, this can be done via: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

jennil13
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

thanks!  i had not updated the earphone software, and i think that has helped.  currently, i am able to move much farther than right next to my phone without them cutting out.  will give this a go for a few days and see what happens.  

Tegan_M

Hello jennil13,

Thank you very much for your update on this, we are so glad to hear that this has seemed to provide improvements to your SoundSport Wireless headphones! 

Please do get back to the community if you experience any further issues. 

Have a lovely day.

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!