Highlighted
evmen89
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

bose qc 35 II electric crackle

Hi, everybody. I'm Michael. Bought bose qc 35 II in the official store. In the Bose Connect app, the headphones are updated and attached. I noticed that at the maximum volume of the phone, as well as headphones, in some tracks at the same time there is an electric crackle. The quality of track but from this not depends, tried mp3, wave, flac. For example, the track "DNCE-cake by the ocean". If you reduce the volume by two divisions in the headphones or on the phone, the problem does not occur. Especially clearly audible crackling sound during vocals. What could be? Marriage or feature of these headphones?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: bose qc 35 II electric crackle

Hi evmen89,

Thanks for posting I am so sorry to hear about that. Could I ask, have you tried the headphones on another mobile device to see if the issue happens over multiple devices? Also, If I could ask would it be possible for you to try to use the headset with the AUX cable to try and see if the issue is BlueTooth related?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

evmen89
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Welcome you. I used it on three devices. And all the same problem. I was resetting the bluetooth settings on my headphones, as well as deleting the pairing. Not help. The problem is not reproduced on the AUX cable, as there is no possibility to add the volume by the headphone amplifier. Just noticed the following behavior. If at the time of playback of the track in which there is a crackle, press the "vol+", the crack will be constant. Observed on Pump bass tracks, as well as on vocals. But not at all. Of 10 songs I only found 2 of the track where there is a crack.

Just noticed another point. I connected the headphones via AUX to the speakers, there is a sound amplifier on the speakers. The volume is breaking clearly above that available under the bluetooth connection and cod were not. That is, it is not a speaker problem, it is a bluetooth receiver problem

If you give me an e-mail, I can send you the tracks where you can hear the crack. And the exact time of the crack. The question about the firmware, can reduce the volume level by 1 division, and do not give the headphones to increase the volume as much as possible, it would solve the problem

Hi evmen89,

Thanks for responding. Based on what you are describing, it does not sound like an issue with the headphones. Have you tried playing the same music on different devices? The issue might be with the specific songs themselves.

Regards,

Tony G

evmen89
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

On other devices, there is also an electric crackle. Like I said, I tried different versions of the track from different sites, different quality. The effect is the same. The only thing that could be done and how to solve the problem is:
1) Reduce the sound on the headphones by 1 division
2) Reduce the EQ at 14 Khz slider to -3.0 db

Безымянный.jpg

evmen89
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Welcome you. Tell me what to do with this problem? I can listen on the sound settings I made. But this is not right. On the forum you write a lot about the problem of this type.

evmen89
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Hi everyone. I didn't expect any comments from you. Took the headphones to the service center. I will change them for new ones. I hope service center will go to the meeting and confirm that the marriage. If the marriage is not confirmed, then go to another manufacturer. It is a pity that buying headphones for $ 400, we have to deal with such nonsense. I just want to listen to music.