Highlighted
suneesh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

bose soundsport fragmented sound after firmware update to 2.7.7

I updated my firmware to 2.7.7 and after that i am having fragmented sound. Tried to use the firmware updater, and pressing "a", "d", "v" up and down arrow. But no option came up for firmaware downgrade, only system information came up.

Prior to firmware upgrade i did not have any issues.

Is there a way i can factory reset the firmware? It's really annoying with the notchy sound.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: bose soundsport fragmented sound after firmware update to 2.7.7

Hi Suneesh,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your headphones. There is currently no function to install outdated firmware versions, but there's certainly some troubleshooting that you can take to try and resolve this issue.

I'd recommend resetting your headphones, which can be done by:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would then encourage you to clear the Bluetooth settings on your mobile phone and SoundSport Wireless headphones. To do this on the headphones, first power them off. Then, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Next, locate the previous connection on your mobile phone's Bluetooth settings for the headphones and either "Forget" or "Remove" the speakers. Finally attempt pairing the two devices together again.

I would also encourage you to test pairing the headphones on alternate devices such as a mobile phone, tablet or computer to test for results. It is also beneficial to restart the device connected to the headphones to compare results.

Please let me know the outcome of troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

suneesh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

The following steps were already tried:

1) cleared the blue tooth paired list on headphone - i pressed power buttom for about 10 seconds. Had to freshly pair after that. But problem persisted.

2) did a network reset on the mobile, so that already existing bluetooth paired list etc, is wiped off. Did not help.

Will do below and see whether it helps,

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

suneesh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Tried that now. Didn't improve the situation.
Anyway to go back to previous firmware version or a factory reset?
Any other alternatives?

Hi Suneesh!

Thanks for providing this information! 

You will be unable to go back to the previous firmware. 

I would recommend contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking here, selecting your country of residence and scrolling to the bottom to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! 

Jessie - Community Support