Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Re: error with Bose Soundsport Free

"If this does not help, I would suggest allowing your SoundSport Free batteries to deplete to no power and then providing them with a full charge"

This could not help.

2 earbuds connected with iphone, but music can only be hear from right side. And when right earbud is disconnect, music can be hear from left side

It took lot of my time.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

All,

The Problem:

I had the same problem this morning. Yesterday morning, I used my Bose Soundsport Free earbuds without issue. Then, yesterday afternoon, I updated my iPhone XS to 13.2.2. Suddenly, this morning, my earbuds no longer played music through Spotify on my phone. The bluetooth on my phone was working, and both my phone and earbuds said the earbuds were connected to the phone (i.e., under "Bluetooth" on the phone, it said "connected" next to my earbud device name; and the voice in the earbuds said "connected" to my iPhone). However, the earbuds would not show up as an "available device" in Spotify, and music failed to play in the earbuds. I was at 80% battery for the earbuds. My phone battery was around 25% 

The Solution:

Not sure precisely what did it, but these are actions I took, and my earbuds now play as usual and without issue.

(1) Clear all devices from the earbuds. Hold the left earbud button down for at least 10 seconds until you hear (in the right earbud) that all devices have been cleared.

(2) Turn off Bluetooth on phone. Restart phone.

(3) Charge earbuds for a little while (I did for about 1 minute to get to 90%).

(4) Plug in phone to power to charge.

(5) Go to Bluetooth on phone, and try pair with earbuds. It took me a couple times -- they didn't want to pair at first, and pairing "failed." But on about the third try, it worked, and they paired.

(6) Open Spotify (or whatever app you want to use), and try to play sound. Note, on Spotify, the earbuds no longer show up as a separate device in the list of "Available Devices." They show up under "Listening On: [earbud name] from this iPhone."

Could've been a power issue for me. Or maybe plugging my phone and earbuds to power helped clear things out. Was a bit of trial and error, and I was scared I'd be stuck with expensive earbuds I couldn't use. But, the above fixed it (hopefully for good...). 

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to everyone with this.

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Thank for help!

I tried all steps, but failed

Yesterday I took my bose soundsport free to Bose's authorized warranty office. The technical man only need 30 seconds to solve the error. What he need to do is to reset the bose device.

Now I can listen to music in my devices

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Can you please share how he was able to reset the device? That information is not available to the public apparently.

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThoaiVo

Hi Sarah LaRocque, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! 

You can perform a reset on the headphones by following the steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I hope this helps and if this wasn't the step that you were looking for please do let us know.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Dear Sarah,

Not sure what he had done

he put earbud into charger, and connect charger with miniusb cable. Im not sure he reset it using software in PC or not, or he've just did different activities at the same time, i mean his own job

Sorry for that unclear

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

This does not solve the issue. I have attempted every single troubleshooting option including painstakingly waiting for an earbud with no connection to exhaust its battery after days of constantly waking it up out of standby. The cause was the update pushed by Bose. Is there no way to roll this back or reset the buds in a more substantial way then sticking them in the case???

Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Sarah,

I had the same exact issue last week, the right earbud not charging at first then eventually it died.

Similarly i suspect that it was the update that caused the issue as it was working just fine before i updated it. In the end i have to bring it down to my retailer to exchange it. And now im very reluctant to do the update

Hey Sarah LaRocque and kelvin.wolfbane, 

Thank you both for posting and making us aware that the steps in this thread did not resolve these issues for you. I am very sorry to hear this and would love to assist. 

We don't offer the ability to roll back firmware due to many reasons such as that this is becoming less of an industry-standard and can remove features and introduce bugs to the headphones. 

If you have attempted all of the steps in this thread and you are still experiencing issues, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that this wasn't something that could be resolved by the steps that I posted. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I received these last year as a Christmas gift about 2 months ago the left side stopped working. I have tried everyone of these solutions and have had zero luck. I am at wits end. My dads Bluetooth heads phones have not had any issue and were $100 cheaper.  What is going on? Seems like a common problem any ideas or am I stuck with $200 mono earpiece.