cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garm
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

iPhone 7 ios11 + QC35, Volume resets when ever the song changes.

Hi,

I have a pair of QC35 paired to me iPhone 7 (iOS 11).

When it first connects, the phone says the volume is set to 100% but the volume is extremely quiet.

When I adjust the volume on the headset, the phone reveals it is actually set to about 20%.

My main issue is that even if I readjust the volume this way, every single time I change the track on iTunes, the volume resets to 20% (phone displaying 100%).

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

The QC35 are fully up to date via the Bose Connect app and I have tried reseting them and repairing. This doesn't occur on my PC.

4 REPLIES 4
sherod
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Re: iPhone 7 ios11 + QC35, Volume resets when ever the song changes.

I have the same issue, only happened after the ios11 update.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey Garm, 

Thank you for writing in. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I understand you tested this on your PC which seems to be operating without any issues. I'm curious if this could be a setting on the iPhone itself. I will continue my research on this but have you reached out to Apple Support on this? If possible, can you test out a different Bluetooth headset just for troubleshooting purposes? 

Thanks again. Update us when you can! 

Mohsin

aho85
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Hi there! I've got the same issue on iPhone SE with iOS 11 since the iOS 11 update. On my iPad Pro 9.7" i do not have that issue on iOS 11. 

On my iPhone the volume resets to almost queiet whenever a notification comes in or whenever i use an app that attempts to play a sound, for example start another song in spotify. 

Would like to see this fixed asap, it's super annoying.

Kind regards, Alex

sherod
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

This fixed it for me:

• Install the Music app if you haven't got it already
  • Go to Settings
  • Search 'Volume'
  • Pick the setting called 'Volume Limit'
  • Set the volume to max

Hopefully that'll fix it.

On my phone I'd uninstalled Music app, without the app you can't get to the setting, and when I checked the setting it was set to a max volume of zero, which meant my bluetooth devices all were at zero volume