scottkincaid@comcast.net
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

iPhone Alarm not work thru QC30 earbuds

My problem is that when the Bose QC30 are attached to either my iPad -or- my iPhone, the Apple alarm clock sounds/notifications do NOT play through the Bose earbuds.  You can't hear alarms from physical iphone/ipad (these are noise canceling!)  This is a notable problem because I bought them primarily to suppress noise when I have to sleep in day but I still need the Alarm.  With my old WIRED Bose earbuds, they would play the alarm sounds from the iPhone or iPad just fine.  But it doesn’t work this way with the Bluetooth QC 30.     FYI unlike Bose QC30, Apple’s bluetooth AirPods work fine— they indeed play alarm sound/notification through the AirPods in addition to the physical phone/iPad as you’d expect.   This is serious limitation for my use case.   Ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: iPhone Alarm not work thru QC30 earbuds

Hello scottkincaid@comcast.net! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, that does sound frustrating. I haven't had occasion to notice this yet with my QC35II, however after a little searching I found this Apple support article which may shed some light on the question. Apparently, Alarm sounds can be heard over wired connection but iOS doesn't transmit them via Bluetooth. The Airpods you mentioned may work because they are proprietary Apple devices. Hope this helps explain the situation. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support