cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyal.david80@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

left earphone doesn't charge (reset doesn't work)

hi. Before I start - please don't give me the link with my local support cause they don't help! They just charge me rediculous amounts for not fixiing anything!

I'm have many problem with this product - Soundsport wireless. Today the left earphone doesn't charge. The light blinks twice and then it becomes steady and effectively it doesn't charge. I tried reseting many times and nothing changes. Its important to add that this is my 2nd charger, which I bought from my own money after 3 months since the lab refused to give me service.  This is very disappointing from a company like Bose and I wished someone took some serious responsibility. we pay A LOT of money for your products and deserve more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: left earphone doesn't charge (reset doesn't work)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello eyal.david80, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

There are some troubleshooting steps you can attempt to try to resolve this issue. 

- Check for software updates. Visit http://btu.bose.com on a computer, then follow the on-screen instruction. When prompted, connect the case (with the earbuds inside) to the computer using the charging lead. If the firmware requires updating, the latest version will be pushed to the headphones. 

- Check the case is charged before placing the earbuds in the case. 

If the case's battery is depleted, the earbuds will remain on when placed in the case. Additionally, if the audio source is still on and connected to the earbuds, they will continue to play until they reach 0%. 

- Clear any debris from the battery contacts on the product and the charger.

- If the product/charger is being used in extreme temperatures, you may experience unexpected behavior. Please ensure the product is used at the recommended operating temperature range (5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to 50 °C)

Note: the recommended charging temperature range is: 41 °F to 104 °F (5 °C to 40 °C)

If you have tried the above, then please get in touch with support in your locale for service. I can appreciate you may have had a less than satisfactory experience previously, however, please understand they will be able to assist more than we can, and your product comes with a one year warranty. If you are still in warranty, this should be free of charge. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello eyal.david80, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

There are some troubleshooting steps you can attempt to try to resolve this issue. 

- Check for software updates. Visit http://btu.bose.com on a computer, then follow the on-screen instruction. When prompted, connect the case (with the earbuds inside) to the computer using the charging lead. If the firmware requires updating, the latest version will be pushed to the headphones. 

- Check the case is charged before placing the earbuds in the case. 

If the case's battery is depleted, the earbuds will remain on when placed in the case. Additionally, if the audio source is still on and connected to the earbuds, they will continue to play until they reach 0%. 

- Clear any debris from the battery contacts on the product and the charger.

- If the product/charger is being used in extreme temperatures, you may experience unexpected behavior. Please ensure the product is used at the recommended operating temperature range (5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to 50 °C)

Note: the recommended charging temperature range is: 41 °F to 104 °F (5 °C to 40 °C)

If you have tried the above, then please get in touch with support in your locale for service. I can appreciate you may have had a less than satisfactory experience previously, however, please understand they will be able to assist more than we can, and your product comes with a one year warranty. If you are still in warranty, this should be free of charge. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

eyal.david80@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

yes I tried all of the above multiple times. This product is a piece of garbage and I"m not sure you fully understand my frustration.

Try paying $200 to get a device that breaks once a month and YOUR operatare in my country takes no responsibility.

Oh yea, and I can not try to update it cause when I finally (after 20 attempts or so) succeeding to get the light for the left earphone, once I add the right one, I'm losing the left and back again

Jeff_G

Hi Eyal.david80, 

As advised, there is little we can do via this channel to assist in service. But as advised, providing you are still in warranty, service should be free of charge. 

If you are not able to obtain this service, please contact our team via Twitter or Facebook, and they will be able to get in touch with the support in your country. Please ensure you provide as much information as possible when getting in touch to help them assist. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

hakim.khelifa@tuninvest.com
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

I have exactly the same problem. The left one doesn't charge anymore and I'm not able to update the software because it says that the left one is not connected. Of course it is not connected because the charger deosn't recognize anymore the left one. 

Hector_B

Hi Hakim, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps that were suggested by Moderator Jeff? 

Please update me on the results of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B